Think you know how Planes & Arcs Work? - Page 4
Close
Login to Your Account
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by goooose View Post
    even Al just admitted he won't answer his phone due to spam calls. Wanna turn the internet into the same thing?
    Too late.
    I get 85% spam on my personal email now. It's a PITA to look through the list to make sure I'm not missing something meant for me. The spoofers are good enough that the anti spam software doesn't work.

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by D Nelson View Post
    Why don’t you answer the phone ? Are you afraid it’s bobcad trying to sell you something!
    Don

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    Whatever side of the argument anyone falls on - I think should all agree that the above was a perfect comeback. The kind of thing that makes someone die inside when you nail them with a zinger like that in real life.

Well done, 10/10.

3. Likes Mike1974 liked this post
    Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Idaho
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

In defense of Al,,just how many of yall have a website or represent a business

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by jrmach View Post
    In defense of Al,,just how many of yall have a website or represent a business
    What does that matter? Lots of websites and businesses run themselves ethically.

Example, didn't look far but here's a quiz from mlb.com. Notice no email is required to get the answers, no email is required to get your total 'mark', the link is not even tracked.
    Can you guess these Hall of Famers from their plaques? | MLB.com

Lying about data collection is shady A.F.

6. Likes Mtndew liked this post
    Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Idaho
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by goooose View Post
    What does that matter? Lots of websites and businesses run themselves ethically.

Example, didn't look far but here's a quiz from mlb.com. Notice no email is required to get the answers, no email is required to get your total 'mark', the link is not even tracked.
    Can you guess these Hall of Famers from their plaques? | MLB.com

Lying about data collection is shady A.F.
    just a question ? Love to see if all the negatives against Al and Bob practice what they preach !!! or just bitching to be a bitch.Probably will never know as screen names are used so much,so transparency,not so much.The idea that Bob sells e-mails is just fuking hilarious.In the Internet World how many e-mails can they possibly offer to sell?For a total amount of $ of what $5 ???

Country
    PHILIPPINES
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by jrmach View Post
    just a question ? Love to see if all the negatives against Al and Bob practice what they preach !!! or just bitching to be a bitch.Probably will never know as screen names are used so much,so transparency,not so much.The idea that Bob sells e-mails is just fuking hilarious.In the Internet World how many e-mails can they possibly offer to sell?For a total amount of $ of what $5 ???

Its not so much the data collection they sell, it's letting them fuckers find a way to get a hold of you! I guess you have never had to run a shop getting flooded with sales calls from Bobcad? And I'm not just talking every once in a while, It's all the fucking time, sometimes two or three a day. On top of that they cram your mailbox so full of shit you may accidentally delete an RFQ getting rid of their garbage (Been there done that). There was a time I was so fed up with them I looked into having my attorney shut them up.

As far as transparency of members? Maybe its to keep people like Al and Bobcad from getting our contact info.

9. Likes Mtndew liked this post
    Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Idaho
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by g-coder05 View Post
    Its not so much the data collection they sell, it's letting them fuckers find a way to get a hold of you! I guess you have never had to run a shop getting flooded with sales calls from Bobcad? And I'm not just talking every once in a while, It's all the fucking time, sometimes two or three a day. On top of that they cram your mailbox so full of shit you may accidentally delete an RFQ getting rid of their garbage (Been there done that). There was a time I was so fed up with them I looked into having my attorney shut them up.

As far as transparency of members? Maybe its to keep people like Al and Bobcad from getting our contact info.

i AM POSITIVE this has been addressed for about 5 or more years now,,,repeatedly on this forum,the Zone,and many others....call Al directly,,1 time,,you will never be bothered again.It is true,I know.
    What I am truly sik of is every fukin day about student loans,car or truck warranty,etc. every muther fckng day multiple times,and there is no law against it.And icing on the cake,they obviously are from another country,cuzz when I try to play,I don't understand WTF they are sayin

Country
    PHILIPPINES
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

i AM POSITIVE this has been addressed for about 5 or more years now,,,repeatedly on this forum,the Zone,and many others....call Al directly,,1 time,,you will never be bothered again.It is true,I know.
    For me this has been going on way before Al was even a thought at Bobcad. My nightmares started in the mid 90's when their marketing team must have found a set of Thomas Registers and started from A-Z. No matter who you called or what you said those persistent bastards kept on coming.

I guess it took me better than 10 years to get rid of them, I sit back today and just wonder how many hours they stole from me. How many jobs ran late, how many RFQ's got deleted. Then I think how satisfying it would be to take catch Bob Twaalfhoven out somewhere.

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Idaho
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by g-coder05 View Post
    For me this has been going on way before Al was even a thought at Bobcad. My nightmares started in the mid 90's when their marketing team must have found a set of Thomas Registers and started from A-Z. No matter who you called or what you said those persistent bastards kept on coming.

I guess it took me better than 10 years to get rid of them, I sit back today and just wonder how many hours they stole from me. How many jobs ran late, how many RFQ's got deleted. Then I think how satisfying it would be to take catch Bob Twaalfhoven out somewhere.
    That was awhile ago,,different Oldsmobile now

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Goose,

Your example of the MLB quiz was not the best. MLB is collecting data, No you didn't have to submit an email, but they are tracking your actions apparently unknowingly.

Tacking codes on that website -

Google Ad remarking tag - Learn More - Tag your site for remarketing - Previous - Google Ads Help

Conversion tracking codes Learn More- About conversion tracking - Google Ads Help

Google analytics - Analytics Tools & Solutions for Your Business - Google Analytics

As far as the quizz itself, MLB is using playbuzz Playbuzz: Authoring Platform for Interactive Storytelling which is used to track and monetize audiences.

"Playbuzz enables you to author, distribute and monetize interactive stories"

"Founded in 2012 by Shaul Olmert and Tom Pachys, Playbuzz is a Disney-backed storytelling platform used by premium publishers and brands worldwide to author, distribute and monetize interactive stories that drive audience engagement."

"Playbuzz may enable its partners (including its Publishers) to use a data management platform that will enable them to manage their audience information and Data, pursuant to the terms of an Insertion Order or any other form of agreement entered between Publisher and Playbuzz. You acknowledge that you are solely responsible and assume all liability in connection with your use of any audience information and Data (whether through the data management platform or otherwise), including with respect to compliance with any applicable data protection laws or regulations."

So here is the thing, if you are connected to the internet by any device you are being tracked.

The quiz that BobCAD put together that I shared was intended as an educational piece. It provided information about the plane calls and a quiz to test your skills. It's fun, educational and simple. You're reading way too much into this topic and "claiming" that the company doesn't follow it's privacy policy.

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by aldepoalo View Post
    You're reading way too much into this topic and "claiming" that the company doesn't follow it's privacy policy.
    The point about the mlb quiz was the lack of needing an email to get answers. Guess you missed that.

Were the emails you obtained discarded after sending quiz results? I think not.

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Florida
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Wow this thread took a turn for the worse!! OUCH

16. Likes g-coder05 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

This has gone off the deep end.
    Don't know why Al is defending as it only makes it worse. Everyone does collecting and data mining, it is the game.
    I get 2-3 emails a day from Bath and body works after buying one item. Harbor Freight, others hit me non-stop.
    Google hits my phone at least twice a day wanting me to sign up.
    If you don't want it stay off the net.
    Screen-names,,,, who cares. Plenty of ways to track these back to home. Yes a mail is easier as you send me not only home but the physical computer you are using.
    It seemed innocent enough within the bounds nowadays.
    Yes it maybe put you on a mailing list. Is that so hostile that it brings this all shit?

I liked that the answers where given with the questions and see little harm.
    Yes they may want you on the mailing list. Why is that a problem at all?

Al, just walk away, it was a good effort.
    Let it die. The opposition does not win.
    Bob

18. Likes RC Mech, Screwmachine, jrmach, Volitan liked this post