What's new
What's new

TNC151 Dripfeed tool definition problems

Colin Heath

Aluminum
Hello All,

I know this control is old but hoping somebody can help please. I have finally got my bridgeport interact 1 connected to PC and using Fusion 360 fro CAD/CAM and using their TNC155 post processor.

I have had some programmes running drip feed but tried to run one today and it keeps stopping on the fault I have shown in picture IMG_2515.jpg

All the tool definitions are in the lines above this in the correct place which makes me wonder if it looks elsewhere for tool definitions when drip feeding?

It states in manual that it looks for tool offsets in the tool library during drip feed blockwise transfer.

I cannot for the life of me find the library in the control. I tried calling tool 0 in programming mode but it lets me call tool and thats it.

It seems some tools work and some don't so I'm wondering if definitions are stored for other tools somewhere in my memory ad its using those.

EDIT: I have read that during drip feed the 151 controller doesn't remember the tool definitions so it works if one line of tool refs but not multiple lines. Anyone know if this is the case please?

Many thanks

Colin

Tool table should be up as Program #0 with offsets for each tool.

There is a parameter to set that defines how many tools in the table.

Tool table should be up as Program #0 with offsets for each tool.

There is a parameter to set that defines how many tools in the table.

Thanks Andrew, so a simple program nbr push and call program 0 in edit? I will try that again tomorrow.

I am told that in drip feed the controller doesn't remember the tool defs at beginning of program so I'm hoping that doing a call next tool might help.

Cheers,

Colin

Parameter 225 is the central tool memory. Values are 0-99. You then enter tool def. using program 0.:D

Thank you for that information. I have found the issue with program was that in drip feed mode the tool def at start of program are ditched by program to make room so aren't there when needed.

I have got round it by adding tool def above tool call by manual pass through in Fusion.

If I can get tool store working then that will be much better.

Back