Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Vermont
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by gregormarwick View Post

Once it has critical mass it will become the defacto standard, I'm pretty certain.
    Just sayin...

standards.jpg

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by thunderskunk View Post
    Just sayin...

standards.jpg
    They say there is an xkcd for everything...

Maybe there is another one that's more applicable - there are no other standards, just a bunch of players doing their own thing.

A model repository does not constitute standard, nor does the ability to import those models into a proprietary database, like every cam system in existence does currently.

ISO 13399 is recognised by an international standards body, and supported by more than one software vendor and more than one tooling manufacturer, which makes it much more of a "standard" than anything else currently available.

Country
    UNITED KINGDOM
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default Renishaw's SET and Inspect connected to a Fanuc CNC

Quote Originally Posted by thunderskunk View Post
    Downloaded it, tried it, gave up. That is similar to what I was thinking, except it's missing... well, a lot. I don't use any of the brands on there, besides a few Nikken products, and they didn't have the ones I use. It'd be great if they got Regofix to jump on board...

I did. I do wish they'd finish though; by my rotten luck, I have just about every tool holder type from Maritool except ER... Bah, I gotta get some anyways, so I won't say it didn't help.

Quote of the year right there.

I'm running into this now; I found an Ethernet port on the back of my robodrill. For a solid hour I was really excited. Looked it up in the manual, then asked..."but can I send programs to the machine?" No clear answer. Found a bunch of forum posts on how to connect to the machine on the network. Again, "can I send programs to the machine?" Nothing really solid... I'm 75% sure the answer is yes, but you'd think the description in the manual would say "Embedded Ethernet connection can be used for stuff like putting programs on the machine, tool life monitoring, texting your buddy on the other side of the shop..." Anywho...

- I work for Renishaw -

You can send Renishaw probing routines to a Fanuc CNC via a windows tablet see link here http://https://resources.renishaw.com/en/details/--108335