What's new
What's new

Topsolid 7.12 cam

CAMMISTA

Plastic
Hello
i am cam programmar using topsolid 7.12 to programme lathe and milling machines, our company has bought new turnmill lathe machine (emco hyperturn 65) with siemens control 840d sl control. I got problem in how to programme the sub spindle to take the part from the main spindle and how to command the bar feeder . Can some one help me?

I'm not familiar with Topsolid, but if your company bought a new lathe, shouldn't the selling company offer support of their machine? They should be able to provide code samples that allow safe hand-off from one spindle to another, then you have to figure out how to incorporate that into your machine code.

Yes they send technican and he came he told us we suppose to call the sub programme in the machine control because we have to create a sub programme with the machine cycle and then when we have to call it as sub programme, untill this point for me is clear i created the sub programme and call it, the axis are moving in the machine but in topsolid's simulation it dosent show me the simulation of the operation

i created the sub programme and call it, the axis are moving in the machine but in topsolid's simulation it dosent show me the simulation of the operation

Yes, because that's a totally independent function (Topsolid being able to represent the subspindle operation). Whoever is the vendor for Topsolid in your country should be able to either add the modules for such operations to your software (at some cost), or if they can't, ask Topsolid to do so.

If Topsolid can't do this, then you may have to accept that you'll have to add the hand-off into your machine code. Not as nice as having done by the software, but as long as you're careful it can work.

Are you using Virtual Jog correctly for the hand off? Verify shouldn't have any issue simulating the hand off. I cant find the video right now but I know I've seen one on TopSolids youtube page on how to program a hand off.

Yes iam using the virtual jog and it shows me the simulation, i created the g code and sent it to the machine, the axis z3 moved towards the main spindle but i noticed that when the z3 axis moved, the sub spindle doesn't make that small rotation, it looks like synchronizing rotation, this is gave me some doubt, because when i make the hand off in the control with its built in cycle, the sub spindle rotate about haif rotation before it moves. I dont know weather this different is normal or not

Hi Cammista:

I have sent you a PM with information about a users group on Slack.

Thanks, Brian

Back