What's new
What's new

Trial Version of ESPRIT SOFTWARE ?

JoeMack2112

Plastic
I'm A CNC Programmer I use Mastercam and Fusion 360, But I have been wanting to learn Esprit Software to practice the software. I have downloaded the trial versions of Mastercam and Fusion 360 for home use. Unable to find a trial version of ESPRIT Software anywhere. Does Anybody know if there is a way to find a trial version of ESPRIT CAM Software? :

Thanks

There is not. Only way you can test it out is if they give you a trial. I really doubt they would give out a trial just because you want to learn the software...but I could be wrong.

There is not. Only way you can test it out is if they give you a trial. I really doubt they would give out a trial just because you want to learn the software...but I could be wrong.

Yea, this is perhaps the dumbest fucking strategy possible by CAD/CAM makers. It costs nothing for them to do a trial version of CAM software (just disable posting code and node-lock files to each seat). The benefits of allowing programmers to learn the software is immense.

I remember one of the NX technology advocates on an engineering forum likening a trial/learning seat of software to "Ford giving away F150s so folks could learn to drive." It was a thickly obtuse comparison from someone who clearly has the intelligence to know better.

Yea, this is perhaps the dumbest fucking strategy possible by CAD/CAM makers.

Exactly!
I tried getting a trial of NX a while back for no other reason than to dabble with. After roughly 7 emails back and forth and sending my DNA in for analysis, I gave up on the endeavor.

Exactly!
I tried getting a trial of NX a while back for no other reason than to dabble with. After roughly 7 emails back and forth and sending my DNA in for analysis, I gave up on the endeavor.

I got a trial once. It was next to useless. As Lockwood once said - handing someone a 30 day trial of NX is like putting a random person off the street in the cockpit of an F15.

It is weird that a lot of the time in order to try very expensive software you have to go on rutracker and pirate it. At least NX has a cloud version you can try now or use the education version.

It is weird that a lot of the time in order to try very expensive software you have to go on rutracker and pirate it. At least NX has a cloud version you can try now or use the education version.

In the 90's and early 2000's (maybe still idk) Autodesk had a policy of using token copy protection methods only, leaving their software trivial to pirate.

The rationale being that making it easy to pirate would massively increase their "market share", and as the pirate users tended towards positions of actually purchasing, they would purchase Autodesk. They effectively used it as a weapon to push their competitors out of the way.

Autodesk are far from the only ones to have done this.

Yea, this is perhaps the dumbest fucking strategy possible by CAD/CAM makers. It costs nothing for them to do a trial version of CAM software (just disable posting code and node-lock files to each seat). The benefits of allowing programmers to learn the software is immense.

I remember one of the NX technology advocates on an engineering forum likening a trial/learning seat of software to "Ford giving away F150s so folks could learn to drive." It was a thickly obtuse comparison from someone who clearly has the intelligence to know better.

If you are going to give me a trial version of a software package then give me a full blown version of a software package but issue a temporary license key that expires after a certain date. The reason for this give me the ability to create a program and try it in a machine. These trial versions are boring as hell if you can't save or generate a program.

If you are going to give me a trial version of a software package then give me a full blown version of a software package but issue a temporary license key that expires after a certain date. The reason for this give me the ability to create a program and try it in a machine. These trial versions are boring as hell if you can't save or generate a program.

I'm saying that there should be 2 versions - an Education version that lets you learn the software inside and out without a time limitation, then a trial version that gives you full access to post code and make chips for a limited time.

A smart CAD/CAM company would make the education version free to download and (to really go for the gold) extensive video tutorials to get folks going. This version would only be able to open files it saved, not be able to output drawings or other formats, nor post G-code - essentially, you can fully use the software, but not make any money with it. Galaxy brain idea? The moment you buy the software, all those locked files are released.

The trial version does exactly what you are proposing - you can fully integrate/use it in your workflow for a limited period of time to evaluate how it would actually turn out. This works together with the Education version because no really high-end software can be learned and implemented with any meaning in only 30 days.

All of this is basically trivial stuff in every other end of the software industry. CAD/CAM companies are simply run by people stuck in 1990 eras of thinking.

I agree with this being dumb model, but there are exceptions.

Back in the days of Delcam, the current, active version of FeatureCAM was fully downloadable, installable and functional, except posting or saving.
If you called the VAR, they've sent you a demo dongle which unlocked everything for 30 days.
I believe it was like $50 or so, which was deducted if/when you've made the actual purchase.

I am pretty sure Autodesk still allows the installation of Inventor or AutoCAD.
Just built a new machine a month or so ago with all new-up on everything, and if I recall the licensing doesn't happen until all the ADSK components
are fully loaded.
If you then opt out of the activation, the stuff still works but in demo mode.

Back