What's new
What's new

TurboCAD LTE version 8

Why? Unless you are long time acad person the interface is mind numbing compared to current cad/modeling software.
IMSI bought a few cad companies recently and does have good software that does not try being a knockoff of the cheap seat version of acad.

I'm retired engineer. Took courses at Penn State U for AutoCAD. Very familiar with AutoCad. I did have a program at home that worked on Win 10 but time expired. Older version I had as a student purchase will not work on Win 10. Purchased Turbocad LTE because it runs just like AutoCAD. I like it but every once in a while I can not draw by using polar coordinates. Help would bring up the manual but for some reason it will not and attempts to get it online. Nothing happens! Something in the settings changes.I did buy another drawing program IMSI but it don't work like AutoCAD. Being retired and have a small machine shop and don't need CAM I would like help in restoring the settings.

File / preferences (might be options)/ all to default or reset to default. The options window might come up with right click if you are near the top left of drawing area.. it is an acad secret window they used in the old days.
I have only needed to contact imsi for tech support once. They answered my email with instructions and a follow up phone call within the hour. Wouldn’t of had to but when they bought my cad of choice the key servers changed and mine couldn’t call home.

I did find how to put help text / Users manual on screen. I can use coordinates but not as I did before. Before I started by selecting Draw line, and clicked anywhere followed by coordinates lets assume I entered @2,2. I would get a line 45° X being 2" and Y being 2" not sure what I did but now if I enter the same @2,2 nothing happens But if I enter @2 enter 2 enter I will get the same 45° line as I did before! I haven't figured how to change that to what I had before! I did try as suggested but nothing is available.

Up-Date

I managed to get it working again!! Not sure what I did!! As I have a few timed before start changing setting until I get the coordinate function to work. Previous cure I mentioned looked as though it worked but dimensions were wrong. What I think I drew was a radius at some angle ,2. But It's working as intended again. Thanks for the help!!

Back