What's new
What's new

Who's got a HAAS with the TR160

aldepoalo

Stainless
Are you using the machine models for machine simulation?

2019-05-08_11-02-17.jpg

I would have to say HAAS as a vendor makes this super easy by providing the models for their machines and rotary product. I wish all machine vendors would make it this easy.

Some others do....for a price. We just purchased a serial number specific solid model of our Integrex for a whooping $300.

We have a VM-3 with a new TRT-160 but are just only getting around to getting it up and running as other projects were in the way. I have all the excellent 3D models from Haas though and am looking forward to setting up the simulator for MasterCAM. There's a nice youtube video on how to do that where you set up each moving part with its own limits, so can even simulate the doors opening etc. We are planning to put the TRT-160 on operator's right facing forward, so the 160's long axis is aligned with the Y-axis on the table. That will maximize remaining usable space on the rest of the table, although I know most installations seem to run along the X-axis, so I'd be interested to hear dissenting opinions on this topic.

We have a VM-3 with a new TRT-160 but are just only getting around to getting it up and running as other projects were in the way. I have all the excellent 3D models from Haas though and am looking forward to setting up the simulator for MasterCAM. There's a nice youtube video on how to do that where you set up each moving part with its own limits, so can even simulate the doors opening etc. We are planning to put the TRT-160 on operator's right facing forward, so the 160's long axis is aligned with the Y-axis on the table. That will maximize remaining usable space on the rest of the table, although I know most installations seem to run along the X-axis, so I'd be interested to hear dissenting opinions on this topic.

be aware of the X axis travel limits when your trunion tilts away from the center of the machine.

You can do all the sim motion yourself, but you still need a 5 axis post. We paid I think $2k (maybe $4k??) for the UMC750 machine sim model and the 5 axis post thru postability. I don't think that is super expensive considering what you need/want to do with 5 axis machining...

Back