What's new
What's new

Windows 10 has trashed Adobe Acrobat how to fix?

implmex

Diamond
Good morning All:
I have a Surface Pro 4 with Windows 10 on it.
I installed Adobe Acrobat 11 (Pro) on it a couple of years ago.
On Sunday night Windows did an "upgrade"
Now Acrobat is trashed, it will run for a few seconds and then shuts down.
Man am I ever glad I still run mostly Windows 7 (and XP) in the shop: Acrobat still runs just fine there so I'm not crippled, just inconvenienced.

I dragged out the serial number and downloaded a replacement copy and reinstalled it...no success.
I went online and Googled it...turns out this is a common complaint.
Adobe offers a fix that does not fix it.

I'm frustrated and angry (again) at this attitude the big players have at screwing us over yet again, whether through deliberate malice or incompetent indifference.
I obviously can't go and kick someone at Microshit...there is no one single person to vent my rage at, but with this sort of crap to deal with along with all the blatant middle finger sticking in our eyes by powerful assholes who don't even care to lie discreetly anymore, I can sure see why we're all getting edgier and edgier in politics as in everything else.

So back to the topic: does anyone here have a way to fix this latest travesty?
I would like to have the software I paid for actually work on the machine that was bought to do this kind of stuff.
If I can't have it I will survive, but I'm going to get the Voodoo doll out and start sticking pins in it.

Any help will be greatly appreciated, but have mercy on me...I'm an uneducated rube at computerese.

Cheers

Marcus
Implant Mechanix • Design & Innovation > HOME
Vancouver Wire EDM -- Wire EDM Machining

You think that's bad just be thankful you're not on a mac. Catalina is their latest release and it is 32 bit verses all the previous versions were 64. None of my old software will run on it. Photoshop, Acrobat, Vegas Pro, Onshape. I had to take my Macs to a shop that knew how to revert back to Mojave just so I wouldn’t be crippled. Apple knew nobody had 32 bit versions available, Don't have a clue why they pulled this stunt.

I would put it on Adobe, they have info about updates before they happen and are supposed to update accordingly

I use Foxit at home because Acrobat got so fooked up a few years ago, but seems fine on this machine

Adobe is a constant source of bugs of its own. If you just need to open pdf's, Microsoft's edge might be adequate. (/me ducks and runs for cover :) )

Back