What's new
What's new

16 years exp, looking for work in eastern NC

Chevy427z

Stainless
Hey all.

I never thought I’d be writing this, but I am looking for work. I was permanently laid off on Monday, December 3rd, after 5 years with a place I thought I’d be retiring from.

I’ve got 16 years experience in the machine shop world, doing everything from manual machining, CNC work (lathes, mills and EDM), tool and die work, to design and engineering, in a myriad of different materials. I did my apprenticeship at IBM while living in New York. I am now in Clinton, North Carolina, and am looking to work in Wilmington, Raleigh, Goldsboro, or anywhere in between. I’d rather not relocate at this time, but it may be an option for the right opportunity. I’m not afraid to commute, as I was driving 70 miles one way.

I’ve got a small home shop business, too, but not nearly the volume to go it alone.

If anyone is interested, I will be most happy to forward a resume and a phone number.

Thank you.

Mark

Last edited:
Thanks for the response tools.

Not at the moment. Their hiring process is "quirky". Their website is awful to navigate. I've got someone at ESC looking into it for me. Thanks again!

Mark

Thank you very much for your responses, gentlemen.

Seth, I love to travel; Carribean, Europe, and Australia in particular ;) Your location is a little vague and my background in field work is not nearly as strong as my machine work. I'm sending you a message to find out some more information.

RJT, you have a message as well.

Thank you both for taking the time to write.

Mark

Seth, good talking to you on the phone. Thank you for the call.

Definitive, thank you for taking the time to respond. Great looking site (and facility) you have. Congratulations on your recent certifications. As I've mentioned, should nothing locally pan out, I just may be in touch. I've always admired those in the aerospace industry and often felt I missed my calling.

Thanks again gents!

Mark

Thank you very much to everyone who respnded, here and in emails.

I have secured employment :) Not my dream job, but I will be a productive member of society again starting Dec 26th. Will be driving 120 miles a day again, too :(

My opinion of head hunters hasn't changed any. LOL

Thanks again everyone. Merry Christmas and Happy New Year.

Mark

Hey Mark, glad you found some work. We haven't been in touch for a while. I hope your doing ok and that the work thing didn't screw up your holiday. Good luck to you in the new year.

Hey Sarge.

Good to hear from you and thank you for the well wishes. Getting booted just before the holidays did put a slight damper on things, but only because I was worried about the future. Things are definitely looking up :)

I'm running a CNC dept now with a lathe and two mills, and a good bunch of guys to be around. We're working some ungodly hours, but it's a good sign that this place is hopping.

I am having trouble letting go of the anger, but each passing day it gets easier :) Revenge is best served cold anyhow LOL <j/k partly lol> I live by the motto "what comes around, goes around", I don't need to do anything, they'll get theirs. Read some heartbreaking stories in the other thread about being laid off.

Hope you had a good holiday season, too!

Mark

Back