What's new
What's new

2 Years of experience, looking for work in/near South Chicago

PrimitiveBeasty

Plastic
Hello,

My wife and I just moved to Hyde Park so she could pursue her higher education. I am looking for a machining job that is less than an hour away from me (I have a reliable car).

I have two years of experience in machining. I trained for one year at a trade school, and I can set up and operate manual mills, lathes, and surface grinders all to a tolerance of +/- .001". I spent the next year operating CNC mills and lathes in a production environment, with tolerances as tight as +/- 3 microns. The lead machinists there also had me help set up machines from time to time, and it wouldn't take a lot of training for me to set up a CNC machine on my own.

I have a great feel for calipers and micrometers, I am very careful and I pay great attention to detail. I cannot stress enough that I love to learn and that I learn quickly. I would love a job where I get to learn new things and grow professionally. That being said, I'm not above being the bottom dog and gofer; we're strapped for cash and frankly I would be thrilled to get a job that has anything to do with my chosen trade.

If you have a position open I qualify for, please consider me; if you have any concerns, please PM me and I would be glad to respond to them. If you know of an available position that is near me, please point me in that direction!

Thank you all for your time,
-Luis

Back