What's new
What's new

Buffalo NY: Mechanical Engineer seeks manufacturing/tooling position

Neil

Hot Rolled
Dear Readers-
I currently reside in Williamsville, NY which is about 15 miles due east of Buffalo, NY. I am trained as a Mechanical Engineer, New Mexico State Class of 2002. Fortunately, I got to build 5 or 6 projects in our schools machine shop, and know a little about lathes, mills and bandsaws.I would be interested in any positions related to tooling design or drafting in Pro/E or AutoCAD or perhaps becoming a toolmaker apprentice. I am willing to sweep the floors as part of my duties if needed. As you can imagine, I have a fairly open mind about what kind of work I am willing to do. Please see my resume below. PM me if you are interested. Thank you for your time!

Neil Last_name_ommitted
Williamsville, NY 14221

Email: Please Use “Private Message” to Contact Me-Thanks!
Objective
Serve as a tooling designer, mechanical engineer and/or test engineer

Work Experience
Test Engineer, Aircraft Survivability, China Lake, California-March 2003-May 2007
 Demonstrated several lethal classified aircraft vulnerabilities on multi-million dollar military aircraft
 Planned, conducted, evaluated and reported classified tests of the Predator UAV, the H-53 helicopter and aircraft survivability technologies
 Wrote test proposals
 Served on a US Navy armor contract source selection technical committee
 Briefed test results to high ranking Department of Defense personnel
 Provided survivability expertise in Poland to support a joint US Navy-Polish armor project 2005-2006

Mechanical Engineer , China Lake, CA June 2002-March 2003
 Designed tooling for the Hellfire missile and an optical system for assembly process in the Pro Engineer (Pro/E) Cad system utilizing Geometric and Dimensional Tolerancing (GD&T)
 Designed test stands and hardware integrated into existing F-18 full-up test article aircraft structure in Pro/E to support ballistic testing at the Weapons Survivability Laboratory
 Attended intensive five day GD&T class at Technical Documentation Consultants in Phoenix, AZ, graduated with an A

Education
Bachelor of Science in Mechanical Engineering from New Mexico State University with a 3.75 GPA , Graduated in 2002 With Honors
 Obtained one year work experience in various internships, coops and jobs utilizing machine shop skills, AutoCAD, MS Excel data reduction for stress analysis of a missile body, and manufacturing engineering analysis in an automotive spring factory
 Built five mechanical engineering projects out of materials such as aluminum, nylon and stainless steel using a lathe, milling machine and other machine shop tools
 Maintained and repaired one Chevrolet, two Dodges, one International Harvester and a Buick
Other Experience
F-117 Stealth Fighter Crew Chief, USAF Holloman Air Force Base 1995-1999
 Astute inspection techniques averted an impending catastrophic system failure on an aircraft-the discovery of this discrepancy led to a fleet-wide inspection which revealed 5 other instances of this life-threatening problem
 Attended in-depth 6 month training as a Tactical Aircraft Maintenance Technician
 Maintained, repaired and inspected mechanical and hydraulic systems on the $50,000,000 F-117 Stealth Fighter
 Deployed twice to Kuwait in support of Operation Southern Watch, awarded 2 Expeditionary Medals and an Air Force Commendation medal

first off....

get the hell out of buffalo....the economy there is a wasteland. beyond that, with your past involvement doing hellfires, jets, etc, I'd assume you have already gotten or can easily get 'secret' clearances, and there really isn't any better area for that than around Wash DC. I see ads regularly for machinists around here with security clearance equirements as part of their qualifications. You also have a degree, which is a huge help when you negotiate your salary. Just be advised tho (and this is from an ex- buffalonian who moved down to the metro DC area), you WILL get a bit of sticker shock when you look at the cost of a place to live (regardless whether you rent or buy) down here. On the up side, you don't pay $8.50 down here for a pack of smokes and a cup of coffee like I did the last time I was up visiting NY. Drop me a private message if you'd like any more thoughts or info on the area down this way.

job

If you can't get in @ Moog now get out of town like the rest of us did! Good luck.

Dragging up an 11+ year old thread?

That seems to be common practice recently. I wonder how a person could machine parts off a print accurately if they can't even notice a date on a post?

That seems to be common practice recently. I wonder how a person could machine parts off a print accurately if they can't even notice a date on a post?

They walk among us....:nutter:

Attachments

• Non Sequitor-Distracted.JPG
    Non Sequitor-Distracted.JPG
    85.8 KB · Views: 164
  • Easily-Distracted.jpg
    Easily-Distracted.jpg
    21.4 KB · Views: 163

Back