What's new
What's new

Freelance Off-Site CNC Programming

dlewis1000

Plastic
Just trying to see if there is any interest out there for some off-site programming.

I have been programming and setting up CNC machines using CAM software since highschool. I currently have my own seat of Inventor HSM and specialize in 3-axis milling and 2-axis turning on all machines that take Fanuc style Gcode. 3+2 milling as well as some mill turn is available as well. Parts I have worked with range in size from things you can hold in your hand to parts being lifted with overhead cranes. I have worked with many materials such as aluminum, plastic, many types of stainless and exotic materials. I use HEM strategies as much as possible to keep feed rates and MMR up. I have personally achieved speeds in aluminum up to 390ipm in aluminum and 150ipm in some stainless steels.

Typical procedure is as follows. A customer machine list will be established to gather information on your equipment that needs programs such as max feed rate, max rapid, max spindle, table size and travels as well as available work holding and tooling. Once I know what I can throw at your machine, I will receive a print or solid model, and I will come up with a process for that part. I will establish tool a tool list and setup sheet to supply with your programs which can be passed on to an experienced machinist.

If anyone is interested, I'd love to help

I transfer your program to my VMC and it G00’s Z-10000 through the table and rips the ball screw off its thrust mount- who’s liable and how do I collect?

I have been programming and setting up CNC machines using CAM software since highschool.

Programming is all about numbers, and being accurate & concise.

How can we tell how long you've been programming, since you
left out when you graduated from high school, or
you age (some of us here can actually do that math)

Slipping up in your first post is a bad indicator.

A while back, there was someone else who had a similar post. I suggest you find and read it. LOTS of flames.

Back