What's new
What's new

Amateur CNC Service Technician

tommymac22

Plastic
I've been doing subcontract work servicing CNC machines around Connecticut for the last 6 months. Work has got slow over the last month and I recently relocated to the Southeastern Mass/ Providence RI area. I'm currently looking to continue servicing CNC Machines but more locally to where I am now. Other work experience includes operating CNC Machines and sheet metal fabrication. Education includes manufacturing technology at a tech high school and some mechanical engineering technology courses in college. I wouldn't mind getting away from the subcontract work and settling in a maintenance department in a shop. Any leads or help will be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

Kind of funny since I'm in Connecticut right now working on some surface grinders. The customer complains that no one out here wants to work on their machines.

Kind of funny since I'm in Connecticut right now working on some surface grinders. The customer complains that no one out here wants to work on their machines.

LOL I get that a lot as well, usually when someone is begging me to do a large mechanical job that I know will take me a week at least to complete :D Electronics is my wheelhouse, but as this job requires I do a lot of mechanical.

In Putnum Ct. at the moment myself, how long you in town?

Just arrived back home. It was a one day deal to look the machines over and find out no parts are available. I'll be back in 2-3 weeks when the new parts are made. Job is in Shelton.

For what it's worth, I suggest dropping the "amateur" from your advertising and any correspondence immediately. The very last tech I would hire to work on my shit is an amateur.

Part time? Sure.
Self taught? Probably.
Amateur? No.

Back