What's new
What's new

Full-Time Machine Designer/Automation Engineer Looking to Moonlight

Johnny SolidWorks

Hot Rolled
Greetings Practical Machinist!

Below this is the long, drawn out version - here's the quick and dirty: Seasoned member of PM, BSME, 10 years as a machine designer, experience as a machinist and inspector. CAD whiz. Looking for contract/moonlight work - most likely SolidWorks/HSM based. Send me a message and I'll give you my contact info.

The Whole Story

Some of you know me: I've been a member on Practical Machinist for almost 4 years now, and done my best to contribute to the forums when I'm able.

I'm a full-time Engineer (BSME) in the Automation/Machine Design field. I've been designing machines for not quite 10 years now, and recently took a new position as the primary Product Development Engineer for the Automation branch of a large machine builder. I also spent a lot of those years moonlighting at a machine shop, running a Bridgeport somewhat adequately, inspecting parts, and helping out with some design work if they needed it. I've also been the vice monkey on a VF2SS and button-masher on a ST20.

My primary motivation for moonlighting then was to make extra money while my wife went back to nursing school, and to help pay for our first adoption. Fast forward a bunch of years, and my wife is a full-time Registered Nurse on nightshift, we have three internationally-adopted kids (13, 7, and 4) with Down syndrome, and are in the process of adopting our 4th child, who just turned 11, and who will be our first without Down syndrome.

International adoptions are expensive, and all my usual customers for this type of work have either geared-up to where they don't need me any more, or are looking to fill the hours for their current engineers.

So, if you could use an experienced Automation Engineer and Machine Designer to help you out with machine design, fixture design, automation design, general engineering questions, simple FEA, drawing conversions, CAD modeling, design concepts, or any other Engineering or Design Tasks, I'm more than happy to discuss your needs.

I'm happy to provide my resume, as well as references (including a glowing one from the Mechanical Engineering Manager for one of the best Automation Companies in the World.) I'm also happy to provide samples of my previous work, based on what you're looking for, and would be willing to talk about doing some small work on a trial basis (no-charge) to see if I could be a good fit for your needs.

Send me a message through PM, or reply to this post with your interest, and I'll get you my email and phone number.

Thanks All!

P.S. I'm also happy to discuss adoptions, international adoptions, and what it's like to have adopted older kids with special needs internationally. We just may have to start a new OT thread for that, lest we risk getting this one shut down :)

Sir,
I have four STEP files I need converted to DXF. How much?
e-mail response to aonep@comcast. or call 603-654-6223.
Thank You, Dana

Back