What's new
What's new

Looking for part time apprenticeship in Southern California

Ianagos

Stainless
Looking for an opportunity to learn not t really interested in pay just looking for a place to help out and learn while I'm at it. Problem is I'm in the military stationed on Camp Pendleton. I work as an electronics technician and fix anywhere from generators to satellite communication systems. Been interested in machining for a while and have my own tools but most of it is back home but I could bring whatever would be necessary.

I'm not going to be very picky about what I do I could help repair machines or operate manual machines. I am interested in learning to operate cnc machines but not interested in pushing a button and loading a part but would consider it. Also interested in other stuff like gunsmithing. Any other offers are considered along with this type of work. I'm willing to work to learn not looking for money.

I have some solid works experience, Electronics experience, speak English and Portuguese, beginner manual lathe and mill skills, general rigging experience, forklift and skid steer experience, machine rebuilding experience, along with a lot of experience working on cars with my father.

Now the problem and why I can just look for a job is because of my military commitment. I regularly go to the field sometimes for a month or two usually spending about 3 months of the year in the field. I also have horrible hours usually getting off work at 5pm (should start getting off earlier after October) sometimes earlier sometimes later but am almost alway available weekends.

it's a long shot to find somewhere that can work with me but I'd even help a 1 man shop on the weekends it's just hard to find that guy. So I'm looking for that opportunity.

I would appreciate it if anybody could help a young guy looking to learn more about machining.

Looked them up now seems pretty good just will have to see how their hours are but I'm thinking it won't line up for me. Thanks for the suggestion .

Back