What's new
What's new

Machinist Shortage? Where?

Sparky961

Cast Iron
Are there any areas in Canada that are known to have a shortage of high quality machinists? I've seen that this may be true in certain parts of the US, but I doubt it makes much sense for a Canadian machinist to seek work in the US right now.

What about related fields? Perhaps heavier on the high-precision/CNC/computer/software side of things?

Thoughts for someone considering a relocation in the short to medium term?

Are there any areas in Canada that are known to have a shortage of high quality machinists? I've seen that this may be true in certain parts of the US, but I doubt it makes much sense for a Canadian machinist to seek work in the US right now.

What about related fields? Perhaps heavier on the high-precision/CNC/computer/software side of things?

Thoughts for someone considering a relocation in the short to medium term?
Canada i do not know. in USA it is not unusual to advertise jobs in cites 75 miles away. some people drive to work and back everyday until they find a house or apartment thats closer to work.
technically to work long term in another country you need a permanent resident card which gives permission to work and live long term in another country. even people from USA need Canadian permanent resident card to work and live in Canada long term. and of course you would pay taxes on income earned. its called being a legal resident. (mostly paying the legal taxes)
they have put people in jail before for tax evasion or not paying taxes

Back