What's new
What's new

Machinists for shops in Savannah GA area

blackknogt82

Plastic
Good morning,
So my service in the Military is coming to an end here shortly. I have applied to quite a few jobs, some have called back but the timeframe was off. I dont know if I will be able to set up a job to roll right into after my last day of service. I am currently in Maryland right now, looking to go to GA to be with family. I wanted to post on here to see if any shops are looking for a machinist, production supervisor around early May time frame. If you are interested please let me know and I can send over my resume and information to see if I could make a nice fit with your company. I have 8 years in the Navy as a Machinist, certified as CNC Programmer and Operator, and have a USMAPS Apprenticeship Certification. If there is anything else or any tips please let me know. I am starting to let my mind get the better of me and want to make sure there is no lapse so I can take care of what needs to be done. Thank you for your time and consideration.
Very Respectfully
Johnny

Job opportunity

Good morning,
So my service in the Military is coming to an end here shortly. I have applied to quite a few jobs, some have called back but the timeframe was off. I dont know if I will be able to set up a job to roll right into after my last day of service. I am currently in Maryland right now, looking to go to GA to be with family. I wanted to post on here to see if any shops are looking for a machinist, production supervisor around early May time frame. If you are interested please let me know and I can send over my resume and information to see if I could make a nice fit with your company. I have 8 years in the Navy as a Machinist, certified as CNC Programmer and Operator, and have a USMAPS Apprenticeship Certification. If there is anything else or any tips please let me know. I am starting to let my mind get the better of me and want to make sure there is no lapse so I can take care of what needs to be done. Thank you for your time and consideration.
Very Respectfully
Johnny

Johnny, if you are still looking for a job email me at [email protected], we are located in Brunswick, GA

Regards,
Gary

Sorry to hear about your concerns, but "THANK YOU FOR YOUR SERVICE". The owner of the outfit I work for now was in the Navy for 20 some years before he retired and started our current Co.. He has a lot of friends allover the states, I will ask if he knows anyone your area who might be able help you out (PM me your contact info and area and I will let you know either way.).
I tell you one thing with your experience I would'think you would have much trouble. I have gone through 3-4 guys in the last 9-10 months, either drugs, total morons, attendance issues or all of the above.

I wish you the best of luck and hope I can help in some way.

If you are versed in CAD/CAM I could find some work for you in Northwest Florida. I can't promise full time as of now, but I could possibly work something out.

Again Thank You for your service.The only thing I dislike is your not moving to Texas.LOL I would give you job in a heartbeat. You should have no problem finding a job there

I worked there for quite some time, here is a short list
Continental Field Systems cfsusa.net
K machine
quality machine
any of the shops around the port area as im sure you can get a TWIC card fast

In the Brunswick Area there is Definitive Design and another K machine branch

Stay away from Coastal Precision Machine. I was the plant manager there and the owner got a 5,000,000 USD grant to start the business. He bought a 300K house and a 40' Boston Whaler boat and then just antique junk for equipment. Paychecks would bounce about once a month yet you would see him and his wife at the finer Savannah/Richmond Hill dining places on a nightly basis and eating out in Savannah is enormous.

Mitsubishi just opened a Turbine plant there with all new Okuma equipment but they go through a temp service. Gulfstream is a nice place but its one of those " you have to know someone" to get hired on there.

Machinist don't get paid well in that area. You will start around $20 then work up to 25-26 after a few years. If you had Nuke or fossil energy equipment experience you could get 35-40 but you have to be on your "A" game. Generally in the south having a military training cert in machining doesn't mean much so you will have a lot of proving.

Thank you for your service.

Just wondering if you were successful in your job search and if you found something in Savannah.
Continental Field systems is a great place---hope you ended up there.
I know/knew of a couple of other places you could try---if you will PM me I'll do a bit of research and let you know of some others.
Your military experience and the work ethic that the military instills into you will serve you well in the machining business.
olcopper

Thank you for your service!

I'm sure you will find a job just fine even if its last minute. 5 years hiring for a machine shop I used to work for I could have hired someone and started them as soon as we made it trough physical and background check.

Back