What's new
What's new

Mechanical Engineer w/ Machining Background

TurboFabSupply

Hot Rolled
Hey guys, I've been sending out my blurb to recruiters and hitting the job hunt hard this past week. Figured I'd post it here as well. I realize there aren't too many mechanical engineers on here but a shop getting prints from me will have life about as easy as it can get so thought you may wanna share my resume with your engineering department. Anyway heres my blurb:

I am a mechanical engineer experienced in mechanical design, CAD modeling and design for manufacturing graduating from UCF in December of 2013. I am hoping to find a mechanical design position to begin at graduation. I am a great candidate for any company designing mechanical components as I am professional CNC machinist, interned at a milspec electrical tool manufacturer making extensive use of AutoCAD, am familiar with multiple 3D modeling and finite elements software packages including Solidworks and NX and experienced in creating easily manufacturable designs with a minimum of machining operations and setups. I am extremely passionate about engineering and, perhaps most importantly, have a depth of knowledge in CNC machining that enables me to design mechanical systems so that they are as profitable as possible. It is my experience that manufacturing a product is often 2.5x the cost of engineering in a budget’s business and my skills in both fields can lead to excellent cost reductions.

My experience and passion for design and prototyping ensures shorter development times as well as more cost effective and manufacturable designs of new products. I am available to relocate almost anywhere in the country with a preference for the Central Florida area. (Orlando, Tampa, Space Coast, etc.) I would prefer a technical design position to one in sales.

More details of my work including pictures and a resume can be found by adding me as a LinkedIn connection here: http://www.linkedin.com/in/orlandoengineer or by contacting me at kyle.h AT knights.ucf.edu or via phone at 407-Three 75-O340

Thank you for your consideration,

-Kyle Harris

Good resume on linked in. Visible to me, even though I don't do linked in, which
is a major plus.

DMC is a great company, I use them a lot for crimp tools. No doubt you might have
been working on something else there but you might briefly mention the particulars.

The part about passion is a major turn-on to potential employers. Hardly anyone
I see who comes through, says they have a spark for what they do. That matters,
more than you think.

During the rebuild of the NC lathe, you probably got deep into electrical/electronics
issues. Consider mentioning that point, as it broadens your appeal.

Best of luck on this. Spread the resume wide as it'll open some eyes.

Thanks for the compliments, much appreciated.

DMC is a really great company. Not only do they take the quality of their tools seriously, they're great to work for. I really don't think you could have much more of a "family" company, many of the people in the front office had been there 20 years and its because you're treated like family there. I'm even still facebook friends with everyone I worked with. Unfortunately the 20 year stints means no extra places for a full time engineer.

HAYeeee KYLE:
Congratulations on your "hands-on" accomplishments!!! I was fortunate to use my "gift" at a early age as being raised in Agriculture and Textiles... Starting my own shop in my early 30's... Most shop owners yearn for the production of "That Invention", that will rocket them to the moon, ha... In my business of serving commercial and industrial accounts, it has led me having a lot of adventures... I've had the fortune of benefitting here to expound my "inventive" mind... Unfortunately,My textile patents went to Japan as well as Americas' textiles, reaping no harvest there... No matter, the adventures were always fun... SO, ever keep your mind in tune for that invention!!!!! I will e-mail you with something I'm working on presently.... Bob Phillips

Back