What's new
What's new

Recent Mechanical Engineering graduate with CNC background

Jordan83

Aluminum
I recently graduated with my Associates degree in Mechanical Engineering and am currently pursuing my Bachelors. I am currently working at a plastic extrusion plant in Ohio as a Tool and Die maker. I primarily run a Charmilles Robofil 310 wire EDM.

Some of my current job duties:
-Perform all EDM programming using Esprit.
-Schedule jobs that come through the shop.
-Perform maintenance and repair of machines.
-Order tool room supplies.
-Implement 5s and Lean principles in the shop.
-Modify designs using AutoCAD

I have also worked in an automotive plastics molding company (injection/compression molding). I ran various types of presses but mostly ran their CNC mills. After I left them, they hired me back as a CNC consultant to help with training, maintenance, and CNC repairs.

Besides my college education, I have also completed a Journeyman's Machinist program at a local JVS and various CNC related courses online.

Since I now have a degree, I am looking to move into more of an Engineering position. If anyone has any interest I can email my resume.

I currently live in Ohio but have NO issues with relocating. Thanks!

I know of a few gigs where I work in Portland Oregon that may be able to make use of your skillset! I don't want to post my employer's name, but contact me if you're interested.

With your skill set you should be making about 75k AT LEAST a year... You can find a lot of jobs in South Carolina. If you want the name of a recruiter PM me up.

Back