What's new
What's new

South Chicagoland - Looking to join a CNC job shop to manufacture a niche product

sthpawil

Plastic
Hello to all,

I am looking to join a job shop with CNC milling and turning capabilities in the South Chicagoland / East Central IL / NW Indiana area that would be interested in manufacturing a specialty/niche product that already has an existing brand and customer base. I would like to open my own shop, but currently do not have the resources to do so. There are no non-compete agreements to contend with.

I have been in the industry since 1997. I am involved with all aspects of the process including sales, design (AutoCAD and Solidworks), manufacturing (manual mills, Hurco Conversational CNC mills, Milltronics Conversational CNC lathe, surface grinder), quality control, and final documentation.

Parts are either built to customer supplied drawings/CAD files, or to drawings/CAD files designed by me. The parts are often ordered in quantities of just one or two, while others are built in quantities of 10 for shelf stock. A large percentage of business is from repeat customers.

The parts are typically made from either titanium or aluminum, and once in a while CPM9V or D-2 steel.

My salary requirement is in the $75k-$90k range, depending upon the quality of benefits.

If you are interested in learning more about this opportunity, let's schedule a meeting and go from there.

Regards,

Keith

Can't help you out but the Chicagoland area is the 2nd largest mfg hub in the country I've never seen more machine shops piled into a geographical area. If you were going to find a shop you are in the right area. How much of your time would be dedicated towards said product line and how much time would you be running work on the floor? important info if this is just some stuff on the side few hours here or there or if it requires a full time guy(s)....

Things have changed quickly this week... found a partner, secured a location to open up a shop, and have begun purchasing equipment. Received my first two orders this week and dropped off material at local shop this afternoon. I'll be using them until I am up and running. Hopefully be making chips myself by year's end.

Not sure how to delete this thread, but it is no longer relevant.

Back