What's new
What's new

At a Crossroads

tmclam3

Plastic
Whats Up Guys,

Maybe not the right place for this, but im at a point in my career as a CNC setup tech for a major automotive supplier where I feel like Ive hit a wall. I do really enjoy what I do and make damn good money doing it, with the opportunity for my employer to pay for my schooling, the issue im having is I dont know what I want to go back to school for to expand my skill set. I went to Motorcycle Mechanics Institute, and have solid mechanical apptitude so Im leaning towards mechanical engineering tech, or even electrical engineering. Id like to hear from some people who have done both sides and and would like to know pros and cons, or point me in another direction.

Thanks,
T

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If you like the company you work for, and like all of the schooling subjects, and are planning on staying there, perhaps get their input as to their hopes for you for the future. It might sway your decision, net you a better position, with better pay if it's all in line with each other. Whatever you do, don't waste the opportunity. Best of luck.

Since you already have your foot in the door at an automotive manufacturing company perhaps I could suggest getting your master black belt in six sigma. Take an online course through Villanova for about eight or nine months then go back into your employer and double your salary

Back