What's new
What's new

Exceptional Opportunity for a Machinist! Come Join our 3D Printing Company!

amyh

Plastic
Machinist / Machine Operator
Reporting to our Production Manager, this role is responsible for creating finished parts from printed samples and / or raw stock materials. This role is part of the manufacturing team in a fast paced and demanding startup environment. This role directly works on rapid prototype machining of new components and perform final machining of components that we print in various metals. The role performs complex and varying machining operations using a CNC, Lathe and other common hand and power tools. We will train the selected candidate to run our 3D printers to print components for various customers and internal engineering tests.
Responsibilities:

• Sets up and operates manual machine shop equipment as well as CNC Equipment.
• Analyzes complex engineering blueprints, specifications, and instructions to operate all CNC machine tools.
• Capable of independent setup, programming and debug of CNC Machine tools.
• Plan, lay out work, set up and operate a lathe, CNC, grinders to create developmental, production or maintenance parts to exacting tolerances and dimensions.
• Create new prototype parts quickly and accurately.
• Test completed parts to verify accuracy using metrology equipment.
• Must be able to maintain and perform routine maintenance on machinery.
• Responsible for keeping equipment and work area clean and orderly to perform basic preventive functions on equipment.
• May perform other duties as assigned by supervisor.
• Possesses good interpersonal skills, and verbal and written communication skills to interface with various levels of employees while performing machinist functions.

Requirements:

• 4 or more years experience with relevant manual machine shop equipment and CNC machining experience.
• Familiarity with machine tools and equipment.
• Familiarity with machining hard metals such as Titanium, H13, and Inconel.
• Strong attention to detail
• Ability to program CNC CAM software would be desirable.

Interested candidates should contact:
[email protected]

Homepage | Digital Alloys

Pay should be a million a year if the job is in Massachusetts with guaranteed 3 years salary if you quit after the first day

New things = always a damn change often a big change

New things. Seems a lot of Machinist work is obviously required. I have not met or heard of a Machinist moving into printing so far which given the fact it is happening in a big way now for sure I assume most are specialized in printing.

I have found printing a fascinating thing yet I only know what I have read or seen. Good luck to anyone who would be offered this opportunity. The fact it is a change in knowledge and direction and a newer field I could see the question of stability and reliability may be major considerations. Basically stability. That is why a job like this should have pay scale listed with it otherwise one wonders about how solid it all is such a move.

You guys are fun!

Pay should be a million a year if the job is in Massachusetts with guaranteed 3 years salary if you quit after the first day

:) It's not paying that. If it was, I would learn machining immediately :)

Looks like a decent opportunity for someone.
No one is going to post the pay online.....especially with this crowd. If it were a million dollars a year there are plenty on here that would still criticize it lol:bawling:

Average Machinist salary in that state: $20.88 per hour. that sucks but thats life. Not that much for the seasoned guy but for a young guy perhaps a start. Good to ask about the higher pay and benefits.

It's nice to see printed metals becoming a real deal. We finish machined some parts last year that I had quoted at about $30K. They were printed in aluminum for 1/3 of that price and we only had to do some minor surface clean up, drilling and tapping. The parts were a huge success for us all and a lot of other work followed.

Make Chips Boys !

Ron

And what is average machinist pay in Michigan?

looks like $16.27 to 20.19 (20.19 in Detroit and 16.27 in Grand Rapids.) Grand Rapids is a much better place to live.IMHO.

So often they mix operator with machinist so it is hard to tell what is what.

We just hired a young guy (26) at the deer blind shop for $20.. He quit a union job with full bennies working 10 and 12s six and seven days..
His wife still works there an second shift so he and wife still have benefits.
Yes, both had/has production jobs not skilled.
Shop is hiring most of the time and hiring now..but the work is said to be tough. Bradford White of Hastings Mi.

Bradford White Careers | Bradford White Water Heaters. Built to be the best.

Average Machinist salary in that state: $20.88 per hour. that sucks but thats life. Not that much for the seasoned guy but for a young guy perhaps a start. Good to ask about the higher pay and benefits.

At that rate of pay and cost of living, Winter coming on, automobile better be in good shape, auto insurance paid up (they drive like a death race), looks like sleeping in the car deal to me. Take into consideration location of the job and what it will cost just to come and go to work. $40 to 60/hr to start would give you cheap food and shelter. If you aren't single and stupid, go where you will gain something.

Looks like a decent opportunity for someone.
Exceptional ! Fast-paced startup environment !

No one is going to post the pay online.....especially with this crowd.
Why not ? Is she ashamed of it ? Exceptional opportunity, fast-paced and demanding ! Interpersonal communication skills ! Chance of a lifetime !

Well, I got a harmonica job begun to play
Blowing my lungs out for a dollar a day
I blowed inside out and upside down
The man there said he loved my sound
He was raving about he loved my sound
Dollar a day's worth.

Back