Hiring CNC Programmer + Operator ($32/hour - Full Time / Full Benefits) - Page 2
Close
Login to Your Account
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Country
    PHILIPPINES
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Most I know that are actually have knowledge, already know where they could walk in tomorrow and have another job, so not looking.
    This pretty much sums it up for that area IME. With In Place Machining co pretty much right next door paying $40+ an hour plus per diem and field bonuses they will get all the Manual machinists. Coastal Precision sent me to Bonneville and Dalles damn to do some portable flange facing and several of the IPM guys were there doing work. They only had to drive about 15-20 minutes from their home shop yet still made their regular salary plus 20% on site bonus and $90 per day per diem so they wouldn't have to drive home (They just banked the money and went home anyway).

When you start with $80K per year base salary then throw in a couple hundred hours of OT and all the field pay and per diem $200K for a machinist is quite attractive. And definitely hard to compete with.

2. Likes digger doug liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
    Does anyone have suggestions how we can make our job offer better? Is there anything missing or anything we need to be offering, but currently don't? Looking forward to your ideas.

Thank you.
    Are you willing to help someone relocate? If so, include that and also like someone else said, talk up Oregon a bit because I also agree with everyone else that the person you want is already employed. You want to attract someone who has a job already.

Never been there but my sister has and she loved it.

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
    Hi all,

I hope you don't mind helping out by answering this question-- where and how would you search for a new job opportunity? It's been very challenging finding quality candidates. 'Would really appreciate your help.

Thanks.
    I used Monster to find my current job. Just spoke to the recruiter here a couple days ago and he said that's pretty much all he uses.
    If an employee here finds someone for a job though, they used to get like $500 upon the new persons one year anniversary. I think it's up to $1000 now.

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Oregon
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Volitan View Post
    Are you willing to help someone relocate? If so, include that and also like someone else said, talk up Oregon a bit because I also agree with everyone else that the person you want is already employed. You want to attract someone who has a job already.

Never been there but my sister has and she loved it.
    Thank you for the suggestions!

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Oregon
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Volitan View Post
    I used Monster to find my current job. Just spoke to the recruiter here a couple days ago and he said that's pretty much all he uses.
    If an employee here finds someone for a job though, they used to get like $500 upon the new persons one year anniversary. I think it's up to $1000 now.
    We are posting on Monster, but so far not much luck on there. Thank you for your recommendation about the employee referral.

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Washington
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Are you in contact with any of the local technical colleges? That can be a good source of employees.

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by charlie gary View Post
    Are you in contact with any of the local technical colleges? That can be a good source of employees.
    Does the Portland area even have any decent machinig progams at tech schools? I used to live there and wasn't aware of any. Out here we have excellent technical colleges offering Machining and Manufacturing programs. I just graduated from a CNC machininig program in December.