What's new
What's new

Hiring a Journeyman Tool & Die Maker in Somerset, NJ (Franklin Township)

RecourseComm

Plastic
I am currently working with a full-service manufacturer of precision medical devices.

This is a full time and direct-hire position with a full benefits package. It is a Monday through Friday 1st shift from 6 am to 2:30 pm.

We are looking for someone with experience in:

- High-speed progressive tooling. 500 to 1000 spm.
- Stamping steels like Inconel, various grades of stainless steels, copper, nickel and Phos bronze.
- Stamping thin gage material from .002 to .020 inch thick.
- Working with High carbon tool steels used in the manufacture of precision high-speed progressive dies. Like t-15, m4, m2, cpm 10v tool steels. etc.
- Experience in precision grinding carbide to +/-.0002 of an inch.

Please feel free to comment or send me a private message for more information about this opportunity. Relocation assistance is available as well.

I know the company this hiring is being done for (Micro) as I worked next to them for three years and interviewed there once. Commutable from upper Bucks County (PA), for those who want to get away from NJ property taxes.

They have a good reputation in general, are family owned, and people tend to stick around there. I know they've been growing in the recent past, so that may impact the environment a little, but they're a preferred partner for a lot of the medical device companies they work with, and the heavy focus on automation should keep anyone in the tool room busy with interesting stuff.

At the very least I think it's probably worth the time to check out if someone is interested in the position. You can apply directly the company if you'd prefer not to go through a recruiter:

MICRO Tool & Diemaker II Job in Somerset, NJ | Glassdoor

I know the company this hiring is being done for (Micro) as I worked next to them for three years and interviewed there once. Commutable from upper Bucks County (PA), for those who want to get away from NJ property taxes.

They have a good reputation in general, are family owned, and people tend to stick around there. I know they've been growing in the recent past, so that may impact the environment a little, but they're a preferred partner for a lot of the medical device companies they work with, and the heavy focus on automation should keep anyone in the tool room busy with interesting stuff.

At the very least I think it's probably worth the time to check out if someone is interested in the position. You can apply directly the company if you'd prefer not to go through a recruiter:

MICRO Tool & Diemaker II Job in Somerset, NJ | Glassdoor

They are a great company. I am currently setting up interviews. Feel free to send a resume to [email protected] for immediate consideration.

You probably wont have much luck here. Machinist like temp services/staffing services just as much as a fresh engineer. Besides, why would someone to through a temp service when the position is direct hire?

We are an executive search firm retained by our client. This is not a temporary or contract position.

Call it what you want, you are still just a staffing company.

There are hundreds if not thousands of places just like yours that rent and office, or even work from the kitchen table that take advantage of skilled tradesmen by getting a percentage or commission of his/her wages. "A quick search on google shows you in a strip mall". Not a lot of "Executives" want to claim they got their job in a strip mall!

In this case Pariel pointed out this is a direct hire position at MICRO. Yet, You came back and still tried to pull a resume grab so you may get the commission, Or at least some other sucker to add to your spam shotgun list. How stupid do you think the general public is?

"Hmm, MICRO is hiring direct but instead I think I will give 30+% of my salary to some lazy bum to sit on their ass and shotgun resumes out while spamming technical forums".

That is false and unprofessional. I know this is a forum and I expect for there to be trolls here. However, I want to clarify things for anyone interested in this opportunity.

First, my company Recourse Communications, Inc. has been a Human Resource Solutions company for over 50 years. I am not working from a kitchen table or in a strip mall. Anyone can visit Recourse Communications, Inc. – RCI | Advanced Recruitment Solutions for verification.

Secondly, I am not out there trying to "shotgun spam resumes." I honestly don't know what that means. We are hired by companies to find the talent they are looking for because they often have a hard time finding the talent themselves. That is also whey the position is listed as "Journeyman" because they require that certification for this position.

Third, that is not how we are paid. We do not take 30% of someone's salary. The company pays us upfront for our time and resources to go out and search for the talent they are looking for. Hence, being a retained search.

Lastly, I was referred here by another in professional in my network who told me this is the leading forum for machining and manufacturing professionals. He suggested posting what I was looking for on the career section here to network with manufacturing and machining professionals about career opportunities. Anyone in this industry knows it is difficult to find talented Tool & Die Maker and I am just doing my job like everyone else has to do. Sending your resume to [email protected] relieves anyone of going through the application process and provides representation with a professional working directly with the hiring manager.

The client pays the fee thus it is a RETAINED search. We are not a staffing firm that charges anyone by the hour. Apparently in the Philippines there is no difference between the two.

"We are not a staffing firm that charges anyone by the hour". Spoken like a true politician. You totally avoided where I said you would get a commission. How do I know this? Well, You have made the assumption I am from the Philippines. I can assure you that is far from the truth as I have owned machine shops in USA for almost 30 years thus the reason for my animosity against staffing companies.

I am not working from a kitchen table or in a strip mall.

I have to disagree with that. 112 Intracoastal Pointe Drive Jupiter, FL 33477 shows you right on the end of a strip mall not even on the main road.

Secondly, I am not out there trying to "shotgun spam resumes." I honestly don't know what that means.[FONT=arial, sans-serif]
[/FONT]

[FONT=arial, sans-serif]Shotgunning resumes: To send out a position to a database of resumes in hopes of hitting someone that may be interested.

[/FONT]We are hired by companies to find the talent they are looking for because they often have a hard time finding the talent themselves. That is also whey the position is listed as "Journeyman" because they require that certification for this position.[FONT=arial, sans-serif]

This always gives me a chuckle when dealing with you people. You are contracted to find talent for a company yet you have no idea what talent you are looking for. In this case, If you had the slightest clue as to what you are looking for (As well as the client itself), you would know that a "Journeyman" is just an apprentice that worked with another journeyman until he/she could pass a test to get his/her card.

If you had a clue as to what your client is looking for you would have noted this and perhaps put a clause stating 5 or more years experience with dies. All you did was limit yourself (and your client) to a small group, I've got almost 30 years of not just making but designing progressive dies and molds but no Journeyman's card. 150,000 members here and I bet less than 1% have that card.

[/FONT]Third, that is not how we are paid. We do not take 30% of someone's salary. The company pays us upfront for our time and resources to go out and search for the talent they are looking for. Hence, being a retained search.[FONT=arial, sans-serif]

I call BS on this again. You may have screwed them out of a retainer but I guarantee you get a commission if you place someone. You keep avoiding the "commission" part.

For me, as an employer I would much rather give this to a new employee as a sign-on bonus or relocation package.

[/FONT]Lastly, I was referred here by another in professional in my network who told me this is the leading forum for machining and manufacturing professionals.[FONT=arial, sans-serif]

First, go find your other professional that recommended you come here peddling shit you don't know anything about and give him a good wrap on the beak!

Then.... Ask yourself what are you a professional at?

I've been dealing with you people my entire career and have absolutely no respect for you. You call yourselves executive recruiters, employment agencies, head hunters, and anything else you can come up with. In the end you ARE just a staffing company. You make your living off the hard earned skills of other people. I have inboxes full of emails daily from people just like you trying to sell me on a job or get me to use them to find employees. I have a USA phone lines ported to my house here in the Philippines and being that we are 12 hours ahead of the east coast it's a real PITA getting a call at 3am trying to sell me on your shit.

The one thing I have learned about you in your five post here at PM is you are very insecure about yourself. You constantly refer to yourself as a "Professional". So far the only thing I have seen that you are good at is avoiding the "commission" statement and adding hyperlinks to try to drive traffic to your site.

[/FONT]

Back