What's new
What's new

Hiring Machinists - Sulzer RES LaPorte TX

alskdjfhg

Diamond
I am a supervisor in the Core Machine Shop of the Sulzer RES facility in LaPorte, we are looking for machinists. Both manual and CNC as well as for days and nights.

We are a rotating equipment repair shop, we work on nearly all facets of rotating equipment repair. Our common work scope is related to compressor and turbine rotors as well as related case and internal work.

We are a predominately manual shop, with two Mazak CNC lathes, as well as a 6" Union floor mill. Familiarity with Mazatrol and Heidenhein controls would be a plus.

Our manual machines range in size from 16" engine lathes and bridgeports to 100" swing lathes and a 6" floor mill.

Here is a video tour of our facility, a portion of our shop is shown from 4:00 to 4:30
Take a tour through Sulzer Turbo Services Houston Service Center - YouTube

Below is a list of common tasks in our shop, familiarity with these is preferred;

• Line boring - both in a machine and with portable machine tools
  • Split part work - such as inserts, diaphragms and IGVs
  • HBM operation - Aligning cases to machine split lines, machine keyways in rotor shafts, drill steam balance holes
  • Horizontal lathes - Machine shafts for grind, align shafts and rotors in a lathe, chase threads to fit, reclaim centers
  • Vertical lathes - Align split parts such as diaphragms and IGVs to machine crush pins or inserts
  • Cranes and rigging - Safely lift rotors, cases and flip parts as needed
  • CNC lathes - Machine new shafts and discs from forgings, machine labby seal sleeves and misc trim parts
  • CNC mills - Set up and align cases to machine split lines, machine axial entry blade roots
  • Turbine rotor work - Install and machine seal strips, machine rotors for weld repair, machine shaft stubs, final machine weld repaired rotors, machine turbine blade roots, install tie wire, machine coupling fits, etc

For more info please contact me at;
[email protected]
(281)515-1352
or
Drew Grindley
[email protected]
(281)739-3467
or
Raul Sanchez
[email protected]
(346)233-6017

Definitely a nice shop. Much cleaner than Continental I must say. Nice work with the drone in the vid as well, too bad a disgruntled employee had to chime in on the comments. Oh well, cant please everyone.

I’ll add some pictures of some of the jobs we’ve done to bump this thread up as well.

For a young guy that wants to learn, there isn’t much better of a place than my shop. The volume and variety of work that we see is amazing. View attachment 305338
eb5fb52d7c3afa50c3348c6255de788a.jpg
7aeccb8238bbb7f4938e960532a74376.jpg
762cc0d413e404fe3866a6f10307fe1b.jpg

765736a46a04904d3a0a20f3ad4dd86f.jpg

ac34036aea87888ef85d76f6dfaabf44.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
2862888e9a725d6f82914d09ffeb6e6b.jpg

Seeing that Climax sure brings back memories. I always enjoyed portable machining due to the travel (and money). Nothing like being up on the plains in a few feet of snow inside a 60" valve recutting a seat. Put some plastic over each end with a Kerosun heater and some vent holes and 3 hours per pass,,, easy money.

Back