What's new
What's new

Hiring Mold Maker in Kemah TX

Texas20

Plastic
I am a small startup that has been in business for around 3 years. I need to make molds out of steel for injection molding, as well as learn how to make them myself. The shop is incredibly small at right around 800sqft and I only have 1 machine a HAAS VM3. I can procure whatever tools the worker needs or the worker can bring their own. Also I can reveal my company name and more details about what we do via PM if anyone is interested. I will be upfront this job will be a contractor position and will be on a per project basis until either I and or my father can learn how to make injection molds on our own. After this we will have spot machining jobs available. I am offering 25 dollars an hour and this job has no benefits.

Being that neither I nor my father have experience machining, this will be a pretty in depth mentoring job, and will require someone who can take a job from start to finish. I will need someone who can take 3d models, and create the injection molds I design from Solidworks. As this seems to be a particular skill set that not many seem to posses I am open to negotiation. I fully understand this will be many hours and might require multiple projects to learn. So this might be quite a lucrative side job or way to earn some money while you look or a way to make some extra cash while retired. Regardless of the reason if you are an experienced Mold Maker and are in the Kemah area I am interested. PM me if interested in the job and want to talk more. See below for a generic description of what I am looking for:

Seeking experienced CNC Mold Maker / Machinist (perhaps Master) for a project.

Experience making molds out of steel for plastic injection molding.

Minimum of five years mold making experience.

Strong math skills.

Organized with strong attention to detail and accuracy.

Must have mechanical / assembly aptitude. (Fitting mold components).

Looking for someone who can look at the solid model and develop the CAM file using SolidWorks CAM or similar.

Operational knowledge of a machine shop.

Working knowledge of general machining making parts.

Thread cutting experience helpful.

Must be able to set-up metal in vertical mill and machine parts.

Familiar with HAAS machine a plus.

Self-starter / independent.

Have your own tools and help direct owner in purchasing any necessary tools.

R&D Type work.

New shop, nice work environment, flexible hours

Can work days, nights, evenings, or weekends.

Back