What's new
What's new

Inspector and Several Machinist Positions: Plymouth, MN

mneuro

Cast Iron
All,

The company I work for has several openings available. We are a tight tolerance contract manufacturer. A majority of our work comes from the semiconductor and aerospace categories. Though with Covid, we have had some opportunities to develop relationships with some medical equipment manufacturers as well. The company employees about 50 people total across two locations. There are a number of factors that have contributed to our hiring needs. We have had a half dozen or so seasoned machinist retire in the last few months that we are looking to replace. We also have a new management team. The management team has been working really well together. With a more focused approach to our business, sales have grown and we have added new equipment and capabilities. We need the staff to better utilize our equipment.

That is a quick run down of the shop, let me know if you have any questions about that.

Positions we are looking to fill:

Quality Inspector level 4 (and CMM programmer)
Position will be responsible for programming on a Zeiss Accura using Calypso software. Will also use hard gaging to check parts, create paperwork, fill out FAIRs, put together cert packages, and work with team to troubleshoot problems.

Manual Grinder (surface, OD, ID)
Position will be responsible for grinding parts to print. All surface grinders are Okamoto. Typical tolerances range from .00005"-.0002". Surface grinding is the bulk of this position.

CNC 3 Axis Mill Machinist
Position will be responsible for programming parts, setting up machine, and making parts to print. Machinist program using Mastercam. Mills are a mixture of Okuma, Kitamura, and Mori.

For all positions, it is desired that candidates are strong with GD&T, have several years experience, and a degree from a tech school. None of these are requirements though.

Ideally we are looking for top tier talent (as is everyone), but we will provide training to the right candidates.

All positions are available for either first or second shift. Second shift does have a 20% pay differential.

Company benefits include: paid vacations, 401k match, heath insurance, flexible work schedule, profit share, and overtime.

Wages for all positions range from about $20 per hour up to $36 per hour depending on experience. We try to be in the 75th pay percentile for all positions based on several local wages studies that we review.

I tried to keep the details limited, if you are interested in a specific role I can send formal job descriptions.

Please reach out if you are someone you know may be a good fit for any of these roles.

I am bumping this listing up.

We also have an opening for a working lead in our milling department. This position would be doing 3 axis machining as well as assisting with work flow priorities, and making sure people are working on the right things.

Couple things I think are worth mentioning:
We are basically on unlimited overtime right now (optional, not required) if you are able to keep your production numbers up.
We are incredibly busy right now. We have work scheduled at capacity for the next 6 months, and we have orders going out 12 months. We are also working on a couple long term contract deals.
We are not stingy about new equipment. Last year we bought a new EDM machine, vibe table, CMM, and Hermle 5 axis machine. We are taking delivery of a new Yasda 5 axis, Amada CNC surface grinder, and a 3D printer (for fixtures and workholding) in the next 4-8 weeks. Foundations were being poured this week.

Its a fun place to work with a lot of exciting projects coming up.

Back