Login to Your Account
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast
    Country
    UNITED STATES MINOR OUTLYING ISLANDS
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by standardparts View Post
    ....A cookie...with icing on top....Millie is special.
    Cookies ? Did someone say cookies ?

If you guys are handing out cookies, can I have one ? The kind with walnuts inside and maybe chocolate chips ?

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Illinois
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by CarbideBob View Post
    Think this bad try a tier one auto plant. Assume you will not also buy a made in USA automobile for the same reasons as these not so nice jobs with constant pressures for output.
    For sure you would never use UPS or Fed-ex as these worse on your notated complaints and turnover.
    Yes not a laid back easy job workplace. Amazon is somewhat tough, slackers will not last. They are also by far not the worse.
    Who gets up in the morning, kisses the wife and says "I'm going off to play"... No, you say I am going off to work.
    Your opinion is 100% valid to me but I do see different things so that is why I question.
    Bob
    The goals are not attainable, unless there is a daily perfect storm. The guy who is the supervisor was my last employee I had. He isn't perfect, but he does not lie. Amazon is expecting warehouse workers to act like well oiled well maintained machines cranked up to high speed every minute on the clock.
    Humans cannot sprint the first 100 yards of a marathon and keep going.

Country
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by CITIZEN F16 View Post
    Jeeze, CITIZEN, you're starting to sound like those mushy-wushy libtards. Everyone knows you just run 'em hard and when they break, toss 'em out back in the dumpster and let another one in the front door !

About your statement elsewhere that corporations not paying income tax is "a figment of Democrats' false narrative", well, not exactly. Our size corps, S corps and that stuff, you're right.

But the really big guys like Apple, Google, Mickeysoft, Cisco, they have a trick. See, the truth is that all these corps are really owned by a sweet old lady Claire and her husband Seamus in Dublin. The 50,000 guys in Cupertino are just the minions of that lovely old couple in Ireland, so of course all the profits belong to Claire and Seamus. In Dublin, which by pure coincidence does not have a corporate income tax.

Now, what no one knew at the time that they shipped all of Apple's profits to their rightful oweners Claire and Seamus, was those two were secretly the indentured servants of Gert and Knud in the Netherlands. Of course, under a 16th century law in Holland, all Claire' and Seamus' income belonged to Gert and Knud. So Claire and Seamus had to make a trip to the bank and transfer all that money to the Netherlands, where, also miraculously, there was some other no-tax situation. Possibly the netherlands even pays to keep the money in their banks ? I dunno, I quit paying attention after it went to Ireland. We like leprechauns.

You can find the mechanics of this situation by searching "Dutch Sandwich" or "Double Dutch Sandwich" (double is going way over my head, and why it's dutch instead of dutch-irish ? I dunno. Feel free to research.)

Long story short, no, it's not a figment of Democrats' imagination. In many many years - such as the middle of the dotcom boom ? when Mickey and Cisco couldn't keep up with orders and used $100 bills to wipe their ass ? those companies and several others paid $0 (that'd be a big fat zero, i's not a number, just a place marker meaning "nothing") in federal income taxes.

Here's the part you'll like best - all these "overseas earnings" recently (under lizard-face McConnell and the orange babboon) got a half-off sale from the IRS. So Apple and others clawed back poor Seamus and Claire's and Gert and Knud's honest earnings, paid half-off on them in tax, and used the rest to buy back their own stocks and thus raise the "value" of their companies and the "returns" to so-called "investors."

Meanwhile, you and I and the rest of the peasants who normally pay about 30% of our wages in income tax might now get a $300/child credit - if we happen to have a $300 child. From what I've seen, those things cost a hell of a lot more than that just in another legally-subsidized bloodsucking scheme called "health care".

Amurrica, land of justice and fair play. And equality, let's not forget equality.

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

The goals are not attainable, unless there is a daily perfect storm. The guy who is the supervisor was my last employee I had. He isn't perfect, but he does not lie. Amazon is expecting warehouse workers to act like well oiled well maintained machines cranked up to high speed every minute on the clock.
    We will have to agree to disagree.
    It is a high paced environment for sure and more than a few on the floor or in super and above roles don't handle this workplace so well.
    It is assholes and elbows at all times work and measured at all levels. Not easy or slacking work by any stretch be it floor or super.
    I know floor, supers, and managers of a few levels and heard and know all the complaints. But still they remain at a good company to work for.
    Do you pay with bennies above them? Why is your last guy there and not with you?
    Bob

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Illinois
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by CarbideBob View Post
    We will have to agree to disagree.
    It is a high paced environment for sure and more than a few on the floor or in super and above roles don't handle this workplace so well.
    It is assholes and elbows at all times work and measured at all levels. Not easy or slacking work by any stretch be it floor or super.
    I know floor, supers, and managers of a few levels and heard and know all the complaints. But still they remain at a good company to work for.
    Do you pay with bennies above them? Why is your last guy there and not with you?
    Bob
    He worked for me 7 years ago, best to leave it as he has matured a lot since then and he lacked the aptitude to go very far in the machining field.

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Wisconsin
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

"humans..sprint the first 100 yards..and keep going." Maybe..until someone goes 120 yards.

Back in the day engineers/ had a wealth of data showing performance limitations. Seems that there was/is someone who will prove them wrong.

Often times humans will surprise the naysayers.

Country
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Often times humans will surprise the naysayers.
    Now you're starting to sound like a mushy-wushy libtard. Is there something in the water ?

Out of 300 million Americans, there's been one Ali. And even he didn't quit soon enough ....

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Illinois
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by EmanuelGoldstein View Post
    Jeeze, CITIZEN, you're starting to sound like those mushy-wushy libtards. Everyone knows you just run 'em hard and when they break, toss 'em out back in the dumpster and let another one in the front door !
    I usually believe the proper answer is somewhere in the middle and both sides have valid points. Unfortunately there is no middle to vote for. True that the average young worker goofs off more than in days gone by, probably somewhat fueled by the fact there are more ways to be a slacker. On the the flip side the average large company treats entry level workers poorer than back in the day. Things are done that were never heard of decades ago. The Amazon supervisor who used to work for me spent the first couple years out of High School, working up to 3 different jobs and still getting less than 40 hours a week total. Who would have the nerve to schedule someone 1-2 days a week unless that is all they asked for?

9. Likes plastikdreams liked this post
    Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Wisconsin
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Now you're starting to sound like a mushy-wushy libtard. Is there something in the water ?

Out of 300 million Americans, there's been one Ali. And even he didn't quit soon enough ....
    Well I guess why you leave a job and what the consequences vary by location.

Use to laugh when some exec had is stuff in cardboard boxes and his name painted out at his reserved parking spot.

Nothing like maybe being mid-management at the Wuhan Lab. Kneel in front of a trench, 7.62X25 behind the ear and the send the family a bill for the bullet....unless of course you really displeased the party and the family was in the trench with you.

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Wisconsin
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

I usually believe the proper answer is somewhere in the middle and both sides have valid points. Unfortunately there is no middle to vote for. True that the average young worker goofs off more than in days gone by, probably somewhat fueled by the fact there are more ways to be a slacker. On the the flip side the average large company treats entry level workers poorer than back in the day. Things are done that were never heard of decades ago. The Amazon supervisor who used to work for me spent the first couple years out of High School, working up to 3 different jobs and still getting less than 40 hours a week total. Who would have the nerve to schedule someone 1-2 days a week unless that is all they asked for?
    "Who would have the nerve to schedule someone 1-2 days a week unless that is all they asked for?"

You do realize that as long as they have an ample supply of bodies who will work that schedule there is no reason to change?

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Wisconsin
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

About your statement elsewhere that corporations not paying income tax is "a figment of Democrats' false narrative", well, not exactly. Our size corps, S corps and that stuff, you're right.

But the really big guys like Apple, Google, Mickeysoft, Cisco, they have a trick. See, the truth is that all these corps are really owned by a sweet old lady Claire and her husband Seamus in Dublin. The 50,000 guys in Cupertino are just the minions of that lovely old couple in Ireland, so of course all the profits belong to Claire and Seamus. In Dublin, which by pure coincidence does not have a corporate income tax.

Now, what no one knew at the time that they shipped all of Apple's profits to their rightful oweners Claire and Seamus, was those two were secretly the indentured servants of Gert and Knud in the Netherlands. Of course, under a 16th century law in Holland, all Claire' and Seamus' income belonged to Gert and Knud. So Claire and Seamus had to make a trip to the bank and transfer all that money to the Netherlands, where, also miraculously, there was some other no-tax situation. Possibly the netherlands even pays to keep the money in their banks ? I dunno, I quit paying attention after it went to Ireland. We like leprechauns.

You can find the mechanics of this situation by searching "Dutch Sandwich" or "Double Dutch Sandwich" (double is going way over my head, and why it's dutch instead of dutch-irish ? I dunno. Feel free to research.)

Long story short, no, it's not a figment of Democrats' imagination. In many many years - such as the middle of the dotcom boom ? when Mickey and Cisco couldn't keep up with orders and used $100 bills to wipe their ass ? those companies and several others paid $0 (that'd be a big fat zero, i's not a number, just a place marker meaning "nothing") in federal income taxes.

Here's the part you'll like best - all these "overseas earnings" recently (under lizard-face McConnell and the orange babboon) got a half-off sale from the IRS. So Apple and others clawed back poor Seamus and Claire's and Gert and Knud's honest earnings, paid half-off on them in tax, and used the rest to buy back their own stocks and thus raise the "value" of their companies and the "returns" to so-called "investors."

Meanwhile, you and I and the rest of the peasants who normally pay about 30% of our wages in income tax might now get a $300/child credit - if we happen to have a $300 child. From what I've seen, those things cost a hell of a lot more than that just in another legally-subsidized bloodsucking scheme called "health care".

Amurrica, land of justice and fair play. And equality, let's not forget equality.
    "land of justice and fair play. And equality, let's not forget equality." LOL Where did you see that, on some commercial?

Country
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Nothing like maybe being mid-management at the Wuhan Lab. Kneel in front of a trench, 7.62X25 behind the ear and the send the family a bill for the bullet....unless of course you really displeased the party and the family was in the trench with you.
    What a bunch of stupid bullshit. Maybe you should be writing Tom Clancy novels instead of wasting time here ?

By the way, Fred Hampton was a real person.

You know, you really are a fucknuckle when you try. What happened, boyfriend piss in your wheaties this morning ?

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Wisconsin
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

What a bunch of stupid bullshit. Maybe you should be writing Tom Clancy novels instead of wasting time here ?

By the way, Fred Hampton was a real person.

You know, you really are a fucknuckle when you try. What happened, boyfriend piss in your wheaties this morning ?
    "In December 1969, Hampton was drugged, shot and killed in his bed during a predawn raid at his Chicago apartment by a tactical unit of the Cook County State's Attorney's Office in conjunction with the Chicago Police Department and the FBI."

Guess the Democratic Machine running Chicago had enough of Fred. No body cams back then.

Crazy times.."Chicago Seven", the Weather Underground, SDS, the Hearst chick getting kidnapped. Blowing up a science lab in Madison.

That was in 1969. Long time ago. No need for the crazy shit anymore. Corporations tell a politician to jump...and the pol says "how high"?

Same in your adopted country--even more so.

Country
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Guess the Democratic Machine running Chicago had enough of Fred. No body cams back then.
    This is the first time I've heard that Jedgar the Macy's Lingerie Model was a Democrat. See, this is what's annoying about you, Mr Fucknuckle sir ... you can pick up on the situations okay but when it comes to conclusions time, you're off in lalaland.

Here's a hint : has nothing to do with Democrat or Republican. They are partners in the Establishment. Their goal is the same - to run the world for the benefit of the wealthy. It's just their methods that are different.

Did you ever see either a Republican or a Democrat turn down a chance to piss away another trillion on a war or a new bomber ?

Crazy times.."Chicago Seven", the Weather Underground, SDS, the Hearst chick getting kidnapped.
    Ahh, the goode olde dayes ! But reminiscing will get us nowhere ... kids now don't have the balls to do that stuff.

Corporations tell a politician to jump...and the pol says "how high"?
    Exactly. Which is why your fixation on the evil Democrats is annoying. There isn't a nickel's worth of difference between the two ... okay, there wasn't until the elephant party added "mouth-breathing stupid" to their resume. Now there's a tiny differentiating factor; if it involves Jewish satellites beaming mind-control algorithms into our heads via the 5G network, then it's probably Republican. Or vaccines making us copper-magnets. Or pick your favorite braindead weirdo conspiracy theory of the day ...

Same in your adopted country--even more so.
    Mmm, first off I'm too old to be adopted and second they wouldn't want me anyhow. Not smart enough. They've become picky.

Second, not sure where you get that idea ? China does not have corporations. They do have rich people but as that guy from the netherlands reminded us, when the wealthy get too big for their britches, the government of China gives them a little slap. Jack Ma, for example.

The government of China does the governing. Not the wealthy, not falun dafa, not the uighurs, not the churches, not the banks. All of the above are allowed to do as they please until they try to mess with governing (except banks, the government owns those.) Then they drop the boom.

Your statement is silly. You have no idea what goes on in China, none whatsoever. And you're not doing too good with the US, either. If you don't mind a little unsolicited advice, either start thinking a little more logically and a little less emotionally, or get a different hobby.

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Wisconsin
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

This is the first time I've heard that Jedgar the Macy's Lingerie Model was a Democrat. See, this is what's annoying about you, Mr Fucknuckle sir ... you can pick up on the situations okay but when it comes to conclusions time, you're off in lalaland.

Here's a hint : has nothing to do with Democrat or Republican. They are partners in the Establishment. Their goal is the same - to run the world for the benefit of the wealthy. It's just their methods that are different.

Did you ever see either a Republican or a Democrat turn down a chance to piss away another trillion on a war or a new bomber ?

Ahh, the goode olde dayes ! But reminiscing will get us nowhere ... kids now don't have the balls to do that stuff.

Exactly. Which is why your fixation on the evil Democrats is annoying. There isn't a nickel's worth of difference between the two ... okay, there wasn't until the elephant party added "mouth-breathing stupid" to their resume. Now there's a tiny differentiating factor; if it involves Jewish satellites beaming mind-control algorithms into our heads via the 5G network, then it's probably Republican. Or vaccines making us copper-magnets. Or pick your favorite braindead weirdo conspiracy theory of the day ...

Mmm, first off I'm too old to be adopted and second they wouldn't want me anyhow. Not smart enough. They've become picky.

Second, not sure where you get that idea ? China does not have corporations. They do have rich people but as that guy from the netherlands reminded us, when the wealthy get too big for their britches, the government of China gives them a little slap. Jack Ma, for example.

The government of China does the governing. Not the wealthy, not falun dafa, not the uighurs, not the churches, not the banks. All of the above are allowed to do as they please until they try to mess with governing (except banks, the government owns those.) Then they drop the boom.

Your statement is silly. You have no idea what goes on in China, none whatsoever. And you're not doing too good with the US, either. If you don't mind a little unsolicited advice, either start thinking a little more logically and a little less emotionally, or get a different hobby.
    Richard J Daley ran Chicago and not even the Feds did anything without his consent. When hippies came into his town and got Chi-Town bad press it was going to be addressed. They sure don't make 'em like Boss Daley anymore. Ever see the current Mayor----Holy Cripes! BTW--In Chicago, Humboldt Park neighborhood.--you would enjoy it.

J Edgar Hoover counted on Democrats for support and political cover, read some history. Some feel that has carried over to this day. Heck some have said Boss Daley helped make a Kennedy President.

Your the self proclaimed expert on all things China so we'll just have to rely on your assessment of that great country. So there is that.

And yeah, Dems or Republicans all the same...sorta..but Dems run America's big cities which are all shitholes, and the shitholes are spreading out. So Dems garner great dislike from me.

So whatever happened to Jack Ma? Dumped in a trench?

Country
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Your the self proclaimed expert on all things China so we'll just have to rely on your assessment of that great country. So there is that.
    More of an expert than you, cuz I actually lived in the place for almost thirty years. When was the last time you even spent the night in a shanghai hotel ? Or even hong kong ?

That's what I thought.

Here's the thing .... I don't spout off about black holes or quantum mechanics because I don't know a damn thing about that stuff. So maybe you could take a lesson ? In fact, a whole bunch of people here could take a lesson. Talk about silly crap, christ on a crutch ....

So whatever happened to Jack Ma? Dumped in a trench?
    He tried to run an unlicensed bank. They shut it down. He probably lost a fair amount of money, and still had to pay all the people he hired

The remainder is, once again, your weird-ass imagination. And janvanruth's ... birds of a feather ?

18. Likes triumph406 liked this post
    Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Wisconsin
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

More of an expert than you, cuz I actually lived in the place for almost thirty years. When was the last time you even spent the night in a shanghai hotel ? Or even hong kong ?

That's what I thought.

Here's the thing .... I don't spout off about black holes or quantum mechanics because I don't know a damn thing about that stuff. So maybe you could take a lesson ? In fact, a whole bunch of people here could take a lesson. Talk about silly crap, christ on a crutch ....

He tried to run an unlicensed bank. They shut it down. He probably lost a fair amount of money, and still had to pay all the people he hired

The remainder is, once again, your weird-ass imagination. And janvanruth's ... birds of a feather ?
    Nope, never stayed in a Shanghei hotel and unlikely I'll be visiting Hong Kong so like I said will have to accept your 30 years of experience.

So what's the deal, did you do a Jack Ma or something and get booted out of the country?

Country
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

... like I said will have to accept your 30 years of experience.
    That'd be a switch

So what's the deal, did you do a Jack Ma or something and get booted out of the country?
    Residence permit expired. Normally not a problem but nowadays, once you leave it's a bitch to get back. For a while there, even the plane tickets were about $10,000

Getting better tho, I hope ....

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Wisconsin
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

That'd be a switch

Residence permit expired. Normally not a problem but nowadays, once you leave it's a bitch to get back. For a while there, even the plane tickets were about $10,000

Getting better tho, I hope ....
    Well maybe everything-everywhere will settle down sooner than later----for all of us.

22. Likes triumph406 liked this post
    Country
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Well maybe everything-everywhere will settle down sooner than later----for all of us.
    I think it's over, actually. There's plenty of vaccines and it's free. If people don't want to get the shot, fine. Let 'em die. The rest of us can now go on our merry way ....

China did kind of a cute trick along those lines, btw. If you got covid inside the country treatment was free. But if you went outside and brought it back, you paid for yourself. Full retail.

There's that 'personal responsibility' thing again