What's new
What's new

Job Opportunity: CNC Machinist/Machine Shop Manager [Pasadena, CA]

mfeeney

Plastic
The AWS Center for Quantum Computing located on the Caltech campus in Pasadena, California is looking for an experienced CNC Machinist / Machine Shop Manager. We are looking for an individual with a strong sense ownership, bias for action, and high standards. Applicants must have very strong expertise in CNC mill and lathe operation, programming, and general lab management. We are looking for candidates who can successfully/efficiently program and operate Haas machines, maintain a very organized machine shop, and work with engineers to prioritize prototype manufacturing. Experience machining copper is preferred. If interested please apply here:

Hardware Development Engineer: CNC Machinist - Job ID: 1565768 | Amazon.jobs

Does one need to be a bleeding heart liberal and a Bernie worshiper to apply? Or would the aforementioned qualifications help in the selection process?

i know you got your blinders on and only see right or left, but there ARE people that dont subscribe to either disgusting party...

was just about to ask the same thing...

I know you repugs aren't the brightest, but I didn't think you were this dumb. Did you forget what you wrote one post before? Are you claiming you're a model of even-handedness?

Jebus, how do you manage to brush your teeth without stabbing yourself in the eye socket??

I thought Pasadena, CA was a fun town, yes back about 20 tears ago, who knows what it is like today.
Ask my Mom and she can tell you about all-day picnic trips to Pasadena on the big red cars ....

And grandma could tell you inside stories about Aimee Semple McPherson :)

Still good to place a help wanted on PM.
JPL worked closely with Caltech; a long-time friend from there was about as reactionary as you can get. We had knockdown dragouts for about thirty years. Plastik, it'd be an improvement to leave the tongue-lashing to the openly-political threads, maybe ? I'd be more concerned about the salary offered than what party the applicant preferred. I've noticed many of these ads are big on demands but not too open about how much loot the position brings.

I thought Pasadena, CA was a fun town, yes back about 20 tears ago, who knows what it is like today.

Still good to place a help wanted on Pm.

It's still fun, a friend had an apartement on the corner of Green and Fair Oak, spent many an afternoon/evening/night getting pickled in Lucky Baldwins.:crazy:

Lots of smokin hot Asian girls:D to be seen on Colorado Blvd these days.

From the ad:

Working effectively within a team environment is critical.

So that precludes maybe 50% of the people on PM

From the ad:

Working effectively within a team environment is critical.

So that precludes maybe 50% of the people on PM

Looking at the posting requirements and considering location am guessing you would be hard pressed finding even a couple of PM candidates who would qualify or be interested in relocating.

i know you got your blinders on and only see right or left, but there ARE people that dont subscribe to either disgusting party...

Biggest thing I don't agree with on the right is the stance on abortion...I 110% believe it's the woman's choice...period.

Basically I like to say I'm not republican or Democrat, I'm an American...we need more Americans in government of all levels. Agenda pushing greedy fucks need to go.

I'm American by birth but rebel by choice...

Milland....Would you?

Heh - with having worked at both MIT and Harvard either full or part time since 1983 (a streak just ended by Covid last year) in technical support (space sciences, bioengineering, and more) and being a patented (4) inventor - yes, without a doubt.

Working in a university setting is my favorite employment, as you might guess. In fact, I was temped to apply, but family that lives on the West Coast is moving back East soon, and I like having seasons (even if I hate too much snow).

You?

Biggest thing I don't agree with on the right is the stance on abortion...I 110% believe it's the woman's choice...period.

Basically I like to say I'm not republican or Democrat, I'm an American...we need more Americans in government of all levels. Agenda pushing greedy fucks need to go.

I'm American by birth but rebel by choice...

amen brother. i'm not an american by birth, but by oath.

Heh - with having worked at both MIT and Harvard either full or part time since 1983 (a streak just ended by Covid last year) in technical support (space sciences, bioengineering, and more) and being a patented (4) inventor - yes, without a doubt.

Working in a university setting is my favorite employment, as you might guess. In fact, I was temped to apply, but family that lives on the West Coast is moving back East soon, and I like having seasons (even if I hate too much snow).

You?

color me surprised!

You?

"You?"....They would have me flagged as a "deporable" the minute they took a look at my application. Even then I had to look up WTF they were even involved in.

Most of my skill sets are hopelessly outdated the same as my attitude. I do have a valid license which would allow me to practice my trade but I'm way to old to keep up with what would be required not to look like a fool--which I can do without little trouble.

"Technical Support--MIT Harvard" Very impressive. Could you walk into a job shop and earn your keep? As a matteer of fact did you ever work in a competitive environment other than "technical support".

I actually did gigs like that a couple of times. Lots of smiling and nodding carrying out tasks from the big brains. Lots of coffee and slack time. Got away from it--not my cup of tea, although there were some pretty impressive people I worked with. Really. But they had a pecking order just like anywhere else.

So anyway your not going to move to Pasadena because family is leaving Calif and you like four seasons? WTF If there is one fact about Cali is with very little travel you have the ocean, mountains, desert...and on, and on , on. And even better yet you would be at home with all the liberal Democrats. And...why would anyone want to leave Cali?

Harvard and MIT...good for you. Give it a try. Forward a resume. See if you can knock the socks of the recruiter at CalTech. I doubt it.

BTW---Check this out. Very interesting. I wonder if you would fit in a "Amazon Affinity Group"

Affinity groups

It's still fun, a friend had an apartement on the corner of Green and Fair Oak, spent many an afternoon/evening/night getting pickled in Lucky Baldwins.:crazy:

Lots of smokin hot Asian girls:D to be seen on Colorado Blvd these days.

Oh man that won't fly. You got to be gender and sexual orientation sensitive and neutral.

Jeeze, you guys ..... half of you consistenly moan about this site becoming "political" and then the instant a job offer comes up, you leap to abortion and how working at a university isn't really work.

You are all nuts, did you know that ?

Back