What's new
What's new

Job Opportunity: Senior Laboratory Technician

CEEMCU

Plastic
Job Opportunity: Senior Laboratory Technician in Columbia University, New York City

Position Summary

The laboratory technician is expected to provide a high level of technical assistance in the preparation, instrumentation, and performance of structural tests and mechanical testing of materials. Duties will include not only preparation and testing under direction of a faculty member or laboratory Manager, but will also require some initiative in the design and modification of experiments. The Technician will also be expected to assist undergraduate teaching lab sessions, provide practical support for graduate research occurring in the purview of the Department of Civil Engineering and Engineering Mechanics, and perform tasks relevant to laboratory operations, at the direction of the Manager of the laboratory.

Minimum Qualifications

This position requires a Bachelors degree (Technical degree in machining, drafting, mechanical testing, mechatronics, automation, or related field) or equivalent of 4- 7 years related experience in a relevant field.

For full job description and to apply, please visit: Senior Laboratory Technician | Careers at Columbia

Grade R8: according to their salary schedule the minimum is $50k for entry level. This being a senior level, I’d guess about $60-$65k.

No affiliation and no interest, I just looked it up out of curiosity.

Maxim,

Agree...and I have a similar job in the same general area...what do you think a person with the reqd exp(or more) should be paid?

The problem no one wants to address is that the price of a lot of things has been artificilly inflated. A full time job, especially with some skills should support a family, buy a house and afford steak everynight with a little left over.
Yet whats the current price of a house in the tri-state area (much less commercial space)? $600k for a starter home?16 bucks a pound for steak? 75k for a new truck? Yet they want a skilled person for $25 an hour with no long term security or growth.

And then companies who spend untold amounts on stock buy backs, diversity consultants and 'charity' bitch they can't find anyone to work. Every university always has money for football yet never any money for
art, science, literature etc. and thats before we get into the scam thats modern day grant funded research.

When honest work doesnt buy an honest living society breaks down. Add to that the corruption of money via artificial inflation and speculation that is a recepie for disaster.

"Every university always has money for football yet never any money for
art, science, literature etc. and thats before we get into the scam thats modern day grant funded research."

Yeah, I'm livin' that dream. Also no money to fix leaking roofs in the primary research facilities. That have been leaking for 10 plus years.

Throw in concession / vendor stand rights for every sport played........and maybe you might have something....Hot dog carts....

Back