What's new
What's new

Looking for partnership

jflb

Plastic
Hi

I'm a french lockpicking enthusiast.

I designed an unpickable lock, and I am looking to share the design with a professional that would be interested in creating a partnership :
I would share the design, and the person would create prototypes at the beginning, while we try to find the best possible design, and fine tune the prototypes
(my idea is simple, but the applications can be very diverse)

As far a I know there are very few locks that are really unpickable, and most "unpickable" locks are picked all the time
My lock can NOT be picked at all
Also my lock allows european cylinder designs (which some design like Bowleys' don't) and have advantages like low cost and ease of key duplication

here is the Bowleys design:
maxresdefault.jpg

My lock has nothing to do with this design though.

Also I know nothing about tolerances and machinism so I would need help on that topic

Then the idea would be to create a Kickstarter campaign, contact medias, send prototypes to Youtube lockpickers so that they try to pick it, before starting to sell locks to people

If anybody is interested, let me know

thanks

Jeff

Im a big fan of the Lock Picking Lawyer on You Tube. Ive seen the Bowley lock and its brilliant. The interesting thing about locks is Americans just don't seam to be as fearful of picked locks as the Europeans. Europeans have been much more worried about having quality locks. In America, you'll walk up to the front door of a million dollar house that has a 10.00 Quickset lock on the front door.

Im a big fan of the Lock Picking Lawyer on You Tube. Ive seen the Bowley lock and its brilliant. The interesting thing about locks is Americans just don't seam to be as fearful of picked locks as the Europeans. Europeans have been much more worried about having quality locks. In America, you'll walk up to the front door of a million dollar house that has a 10.00 Quickset lock on the front door.

Because locks only keep honest people out. Unless you've really done your security prep well a house is full of potential entry points to a determined thief. None of them are even going to bother picking a lock.

A lesson from the world of software - if you make one really strong thing (say the password encryption for logon) - attackers will basically never attack that thing. They'll attack something else.

Does your dwelling have windows? Do you *always* lock all of the doors? Has the key been photographed?

Make no mistake, having a reliable lock (meaning it opens for a legit key always!) that is practically impossible to pick is a good thing. But at least in the US many robberies are either during business hours (the door was unlocked anyway) or are smash and grabs (rock through window.)

Good luck with your better lock - but don't be surprized if most people don't care, because for most people it isn't their biggest security issue....

Titanic

Unsinkable comes to mind. But Lock picking lawyer is a very skilled gentleman, I would contact him. If he cannot pick it, you might be on to something.

Back