What's new
What's new

Machine Tool Rebuild, Manual Machinist

10 fingers

Hot Rolled
Successful, established, machine tool company has need for a uniquely talented individual, Requires exceptional, mechanical aptitude, attention to detail, pride in work and ability to follow directions implicitly. Applicant will be attending advanced, hand scraping classes with expectation of quickly gaining proficiency. Further requires fluency with tool room machinery including, manual lathes, mills and grinders. Position requires set up and operation of gear hobbers and shapers. No expectation of prior gear manufacturing experience. Pay dependent upon productivity irrespective of experience.
Respond to site email
Gear Works Vermont | United States | Gear Works, Inc

Bumping this position to top as we are growing with additional openings for gear machinists and machine builders. We're located minutes from major ski resorts, National Forest with Appalachian Trail, near endless open hunting lands and famous trout fishing, scenic golf courses, summer theater venues, stock car racing, 2.5 hrs to southern Maine beaches with trophy, striped bass, surf fishing. 3.5 hr easy ride to the 2nd largest French-speaking city in the world. The Precision Museum is close by, which we assist with exhibits. Also in town is the international convention of amateur astronomers. Their club has three, hill top observatories open to visitors, year-round. If concerned about the political environment within a Vermont company, no fear. FJB.

Last edited:
This FBJ? -> correction it is FJB (thanks big B)
FJB
is an organisation that capitalizes on 50 years accumulation of technology and know-how in the ball and roller bearings industry. FJB Bearings support the Automotive, Industrial and Agricultural market providing superior and quality products with the most competitive pricing.
*looks like a decent place to work...and nice place to live,

Oh , talking about ( If concerned about the political environment within a Vermont company, no fear.) *Could be that it is a boondock, country area at a nice company with few local problems.

likely their PR guy would not hire anyone who put issues ahead of job-related conversation.
PR Question: Have you ever run threads on a manual lathe?
Answer..I hate that sob, %&**# Grr $%$#&&^. ..Wait, what was the question?

Last edited:
No idea where you got FBJ our of FJB. But to some people black is white and up is down. I think you know what people I'm talking about. The ones that are busy banning books and trying to defend a crooked ex one term president that stole classified documents.

1661356304418.png

If this is the typical scenery, I don't give a flying rat's ass what your politics are.

Having sponsored several scraping seminars at Gear Works and assisted others with gear manufacturing, I've had the unique benefit of meeting many long standing, members here. Natural I would use the forum as a resource to add COMPATIBLE employees to our like-minded team. Exactly as intended, I was able to quickly draw out malicious members no business can sustain. One of the unnamed responders of this thread has become so incensed to anonymously email Gear Works this copied note. What this malcontent fails to grasp is, I founded and wholly own the company.

Post on Practical Machinist
To whom it may concern, in the thread below the OP '10 fingers' who I assume is an employee finishes a post with FJB, which in context means "F*** Joe Biden"
Great way to promote your company btw.
[email protected]

Last edited:
Having sponsored several scraping seminars at Gear Works and assisted others with gear manufacturing, I have had the unique benefit of meeting many of the long standing, members here. Natural I would use the forum as a resource to add COMPATIBLE employees to our like-minded team.. Exactly as intended, I was able to quickly draw out malicious members no business owner could sustain. One of unnamed posters to this tread has become so incensed to anonymously email Gear Works this copied note. What this malcontent fails to grasp is, I founded and wholly own the company.

To whom it may concern, in the thread below the OP '10 fingers' who I assume is an employee finishes a post with FJB, which in context means "F*** Joe Biden"
Great way to promote your company [email protected]
I can only imagine the "do gooder" was that snotty little kiss a$$ in grade school that ran whining to the teacher and tattled every time they were offended by someone else, knowing in their heart that they were the only fine upstanding morally superior person on the playground .................

Having sponsored several scraping seminars at Gear Works and assisted others with gear manufacturing, I have had the unique benefit of meeting many of the long standing, members here. Natural I would use the forum as a resource to add COMPATIBLE employees to our like-minded team.. Exactly as intended, I was able to quickly draw out malicious members no business owner could sustain. One of unnamed posters to this tread has become so incensed to anonymously email Gear Works this copied note. What this malcontent fails to grasp is, I founded and wholly own the company.

Great way to promote your company [email protected]

You mean likely Trump supporting, Fox viewing,Carlson worshipping, Qanon conspiracy theorists, Limbaugh listening etc etc

Oh I forgot Limbaugh is DEAD!:) that was a glorious day indeed. :D

I can only imagine the "do gooder" was that snotty little kiss a$$ in grade school that ran whining to the teacher and tattled every time they were offended by someone else, knowing in their heart that they were the only fine upstanding morally superior person on the playground .................

No it's the guy who gave you a wedgie every morning and stole your lunch money.

Back