Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Tennessee
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

so, +1 on the loose clutches. I tightened the clutch and the brake. I had to se a screwdriver to nudge the adjuster- no, I dint pry on it, just used it to get a grip on it. Is it possible to adjust it too far? The shift level (enage/brake) doesnt go up or lock in place as snugly as before.

Pressure set to 250 as per the book; heres a pic of the pressure vlace.

img_20211212_094854778.jpg

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

going from your first post.
    It cannot be "shifting " on the fly.
    Hyd pressure will not allow a speed change and if it did the smashing of gears would be the end of it.

From your last statement it sounds as if you adjusted the wrong way, if the lever has become "Soft" .

I have a 17" and the shift lever should engage the clutch and then I'll say "snap in"

What size chuck is on??? I know mine somewhat pulls when i have the large 4 jaw on it when pushing the higher spindle rpms

If you have a noticable rpm increase after 10 sec then your belts are slipping, providing you get your clutches right

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Tennessee
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Hi,

thank you for taking the time to answer me.

I agree it is not changing gears. The three possibilities are slipping belts slipping clutches and somehow a change in electric motor torque.

The machine used ot snap into clutch engagement albeit maybe too easily- now it wont snap in at all. Chuck turns if you pull up on the handle, but you cant pull far enough for it to 'snap in' any longer. Im guessing I adjusted too far.

Updatye after I beat on it tonight or tomororw.

I aprecuate you helping anoob.

Bill

From your last statement it sounds as if you adjusted the wrong way, if the lever has become "Soft" .

I have a 17" and the shift lever should engage the clutch and then I'll say "snap in"

What size chuck is on??? I know mine somewhat pulls when i have the large 4 jaw on it when pushing the higher spindle rpms

If you have a noticable rpm increase after 10 sec then your belts are slipping, providing you get your clutches right[/QUOTE]

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Tennessee
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

And yes, a pretty big (12 inch?) 3 jaw. Heavy chuck by my standards