What's new
What's new

1959 King VTL 48 inch

J Henricksen

Stainless
We had a fire in a corner of the shop. Fire didnt bother the machine but the fire crew did a great job of keeping this machine cool. We have several shorts to ground, (blows a 150 A main breaker
We have no electrical schematics. Does anyone here have a similar machine and schematics they could copy for me?

If you didnt let the smoke out of the motor or wiring, you can use a heat gun to dry out the controls and find a motor shop to rework the motor...but if you just fired it up wet all bets are off...call the scrapman...Phil

Motors were all dried and megger checked no problems there. I needed some interconnects and schematics for other issues starting up. I was on a service call for Bourn&Koch. They only had a few pages of electricals and not the ones I needed. Its running again after bit of head scratching. Thanks for the suggestions. I would still like to find schematics for a machine of this vintage. John

Thank you Joe. B&K is on a covid staffing schedule. Mostly sales and a few service engineers are in house. There usually isnt anyone there to make immediate searches for drawings and the bill of material didnt give any schematic numbers. I traced the wires from the burned out heaters to their motors and found the short.
Schematics or as much as i can find would be nice for the next one.

Back