30 inch Rockford planner, need to reduce electric load, - Page 2
Close
Login to Your Account
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Copyright expires after 70 years after first publication At least if published by a compagnie
    Otherwise 70 years after the death of the writer
    So it is completly legal to post that information here

Peter

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Swatkins, My pump turns out to be a vickers vain pump not the oilgear in the pics,years ago I scraped a badly rusted 10 ft rockford that had the oilgear, what a heavy beast. I dont know why the little planner has a 20 hp motor the standard seems to be 10hp...Phil

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

It's hard to tell on a Govt. machine.Maybe they intended to plane some material that required a faster than normal sfm.Hence the larger motor and pump combo.

If it were me I wouldn't change anything without trying it first.It will start up with all the oil bypassing and depending on the valve setting will determine the currant draw.Hook a ammeter to it and run it with the discharge port from the valve blocked and adjust the pressure to what ever max amps you need.Just start with the pressure backed all the way off.To hit the FLA of the 20hp set up you would have to operate the machine at the max cut and speed the package was designed for.You may never do that in your use.

The manuals may tell how to set max pressure.On some balers you can just dead head the cyl and set the pressure to the desired amps.

4. Likes Paolo_MD liked this post