What's new
What's new

32" Axelson Spindle removal

ctwarren

Plastic
Has anyone ever removed an A-1 spindle out of a 32" Axelson. i cant figure out how the shaft comes out. the manual drawings are not the best and there isn't a description. any help is greatly appreciated. thank you.

They are a bear to get out. Only if dad was still around, he could tell you how to get it out. He worked on a few in years past including the one we used to own. Try getting a hold of Lorance machine in Humble, Texas. They used to be a supplier of Axelson parts and were helpful on repairs and tear downs. Ken

They are a bear to get out. Only if dad was still around, he could tell you how to get it out. He worked on a few in years past including the one we used to own. Try getting a hold of Lorance machine in Humble, Texas. They used to be a supplier of Axelson parts and were helpful on repairs and tear downs. Ken

I always thought that this was the parts place for Axelsons - but I could be wrong - maybe so long ago

Machine Shop- Custom Molds & Fabrication in Houston, TX | Lowrance Machine Shop

Last edited:
Thanks guys for the help. I will contact the Shop in Texas. The way it looks you have to disassemble everything from the opposite side of the spindle and then remove the spindle. definitely not an easy change of bearings.

Back