What's new
What's new

American Hole Wizard

rbdjr59

Cast Iron
On my new to me Hole Wizard 4'-11" I have run the arm all the way to the top until the pin stop engaged. Now I can't get it to come back down.Anyone have any idea why?DSCN2654.jpg

Did you try resetting the overload relays and check the fuses after you hit the stop? I have the same machine and every time I turn off the phase converter/transformer, I have to reset the relays to get it to turn back on.

I don't think it is the contacts because the screw that I can see turns when I activate the handle. I did reset them anyway though. I'm not completely sure how the elevation mechanism works but it has some kind of motor brushes inside the column at the top that I can see when I pull of the cover. I assumed that the screw that I can see raised and lowered the arm but obviously that is not the case. Whatever raises and lowers the arm is inside the column and/or the case around the column. It's been almost 40 years since I messed with one of these and I wasn't really paying attention back then.

Yes, the screw you see is what elevates the arm. The screw is supposed to be stationary and the nut spins around the screw to raise and lower the arm. If the screw is turning, it is in the safety position.

Back