What's new
What's new

Milwaukee Speed Mill (K&T)

If you found one cheap, it would be worth it for the cool factor. They either come with Brown and Sharpe 7 taper (stock) or Morse 2 (factory option). Probably not as useful as some more current/cheap tool tapers. Also, a normal heavy-duty or universal head for the mill would probably be more worthwhile as you could really hog with those. Just my 2 cents.

Ive been looking for a vertical head attachment for my K&T 2KM (that maybe 2kh, cant remember). Ran across this on ebay, the price seems far to high but maybe someone here has used one and can tell me if it is worth pursuing another.

Speed Mill Kearney Trecker Milwaukee Milling Machine Vertical Head Horizontal | eBay

ISTR reading that Dalrae was actually owned by K&T - at least "for a whole" - much as Walker-Turner was. That said, they weren't "much" of a head, brand-new. K&T built the serious ones themselves.

if light-duty and half-fast is all you need, adapting a BirdPort head would make more sense to me. Far easier to get toolholders, repair parts, and even expert advice for.

Rusnok is another option, used. Present owner is looking to sell them (again), per the website:

Home

..., but they had at least remained in brand-new production until much more recently than Dalrea, and sold a lot more heads.

2CW

Rusnok heads are very nice.

thermite: that link to company for sale is stale. Electro Mechano shut down in Oct 2018, all inventory gone, building taken back by landlord, etc..

Rusnok heads are very nice.

thermite: that link to company for sale is stale. Electro Mechano shut down in Oct 2018, all inventory gone, building taken back by landlord, etc..

Sad. I had previously last looked before that was advertised - still a "going concern".

But WTH.. at least it was 2018 and not quite yet a full year ago. Not 1974.. or 1964, so new heads had continued to enter the market, and used might still be found in very good condition, indeed.

BirdPorts as unattached heads are common enough. Also nearly always badly worn, so a rebuild should be priced-in.

I have a Midgetmill with 2mt spindle and "thou" meter...It is useful for many light duty operations.. I also have a Bridgeport "M" head which I can use on either my 2hl universal or 2h plain.. I much prefer the "M" head because it has a lever for quill feed where the midgetmill does not...The "M" is also 2mt which limits tooling to 1/2" shanks..The speed mill is similar except the spindle is fixed. The speedmill on Ebay has been there for ages... Probably like most of the stuff on ebay nowdays.. Seems they display items instead of selling them...Cheers; Ramsay 1:)

Back