Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Virginia
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Hobby Shop View Post
    I scrapped a 2HL a while back. If you were closer, I’d give you the exact replacement motor for your machine. It’s going to the scrap man in a week or so.
    Pay attention, saryon.

Fastenal could prolly move it the whole way for under $200, maybe even under $100. And they even do "COD".

Even if this doner is ALSO worn, having TWO makes chasing the DIY of a new shaft waay lower risk and near-zero downtime.

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

You can buy a used rebuilt motor from many places or take it to an Industrial Motor rebuilder. I would think replacing it would be the option if the shafts is been messed with and wobbles.

One of the sponsors of PM is
    SURPLUS RECORD Electric Motors Used, New & Surplus Search

or If you Google used Electric Motors in CA you can find several like this one

Reed Electric Motors, electric motor repair, electric motors,

Be sure to get it in writing it has been rebuilt and has a warrantee. Google the company and write reviews. You might get an exact match and not have to hassle making a new mounting plate, etc.

Take a picture of the motor tag and measure the motor, mounting foot. shaft size, pully size, number of grooves and . Also replace the belts. Buy some Gates Industrial belts. We used to say "matched set" but now-a-days they say all the belts are matched. I still say Matched set. I would also recommend buying a
    Tapered and QD Bushings - Bushings - Grainger Industrial Supply

as they are balanced. The pulley would need to be tapered too. Good luck