What's new
What's new

Anyone parting out a Kearney trecker 2H mill?

ssbn641gold

Aluminum
I am in need of a clutch side cast iron door for a 2H vertical mill. It's the right hand side door as you face the front of the machine. Not that I think that it will make a difference but I believe that it's a 1942 machine. If you have one or know of one please send me a PM or just respond in this thread. Thanks!!

2h Vertical Parts

Here is info on the machine you have including serial numbers where changes were made to the door...If you get the lot number off the machine you can find out when it was made at Vintagemachinery.org in the Kearney and Trecker section in the lot book I uploaded.....Cheers; Ramsay 1:)

Attachments

• IMG.jpg
    IMG.jpg
    96.8 KB · Views: 68
  • IMG_0005.jpg
    IMG_0005.jpg
    103.3 KB · Views: 52
Thanks for the info. I've been on Vintage Machinery before to check the manufacturing date of the mill and I have a parts manual. What I don't have, at least I don't think that I have it, is the first photo showing the revision codes.

A couple of years ago I bought 5 filing cabinets of manuals, parts manuals, brochures, etc. from the estate of a parts dealer that specialized in Cincinnati and Kearney Trecker mills. I also bought all of his spare parts (BINS FULL of spare gears for both brands of mills) inventory as well as various machines and accessories that he had. It was all heading to the scrapper if I didn't buy it because the people selling it had no idea what any of it was. Unfortunately there was not a door for a 2H mill in the mix. Right now I'm in the process of moving everything from California to my new digs in Texas. Once I get set up out there I'm going to start going through everything and see exactly what I have. At that point the sell off begins.

The book I got the pages from is for dealers only and it shows the changes made over the years to the 2h milling machine and at which points they were made... I don't think there were many of those floating around.. It also shows variations to the machines made by Westinghouse during ww2....I would have shared it on vintage machinery but there are so many pages with foldouts, it would be a nightmare to scan... Cheers; Ramsay 1:)

It's to bad that you aren't able to upload your book to Vintage Machinery.

I haven't had a chance to do a through inspection of all of the literature that I bought but I've come across factory service manuals, electrical schematics, parts drawings with dimensions and manufacturing data as well as the other stuff I mentioned. My plan is to scan some of what I have to fill in the gaps on the Vintage Machinery site.

One of the items that was in the buy is a brand new, still in the Kearney Trecker crate, slotting/shaper head for a 2HL horizontal mill. No, it's not for sale. I'm keeping that one to use on my 2HL mill. I also have about 60 arbor supports for different size Cincey and K&T mills, vertical and universal heads for the same, drive gears for the heads, end caps for K&T mill tables, etc. It's going to take some time to do a real inventory of what I have. I'm just glad that I was able to save it all from the scrap man. I just wish that there was a 2H door in the mix. One will turn up, even if I have to buy an entire machine to get one.

Wow sounds like you have a gold mine there.. If you put that stuff on ebay, you may be able to build a new house mortgage free!.....Can't wait to see some of your literature on Vintage Machinery.. Cheers; Ramsay 1:)

Back