What's new
What's new

Avery Drilling Machine/Drill Press

Home Body

Plastic
Anyone know anything about Avery equipment? I didnt see much on the internet about their drill presses. I dont have a model number but it is a pretty heavy machine with four speeds. AIt is run with a flat belt that appears to make a 90 degree turn in the back and run directly to the spindle. It has a #2 morse taper. From the picture it looks like it would be make a great drill press with the addition of a VFD.
Any information would be great!!

Well, they make CRAZY nicely engineered drill presses. I had a 6 gang BMA-2 (?) for a spell. Each head was newer, in that each head had a motor, they were gear heads, power downs, about 700 lbs each. Again, 2mt is all. VERY small for the weight and heft.

I think it would make a very nice unit as long as it's in usable shape. I don't know how standardized consumable parts were. Is this machine fitted with ball bearings or bushings? They usually sell for cheap.

John is right, I think you mean Avey, not Avery. Ebay is about the best source of research and comparable photos. You see them on there being offered through the commercial sources pretty frequently.

Tools

Thanks
From the picture it looks like it could be bushings but not sure. The machine is something like 25-30 years old maybe. It was in a high school shop for 25 years.
I suppose bearings are the better set up right?

Thanks for your time.

Doug

Back