What's new
What's new

cinci 315-16 hyd clutch wont engage

JEFFC

Plastic
I have a new to me 315-16 mill that I wired in and can get all motors to start but cannot get
hyd clutch to engage to get horiz spindle to run. I have the electrical prints but do not have a service manuel. At this point I am assumeing I am not generating hydraulic pressure to engage clutch. any help or resource for a service manuel would be appreciated.

Not trying to be Captain Obvious, but you have checked the hydraulic oil levels, haven't you? I have seen many occasions when the sight glass lower hole has stopped up and even though the level looks fine, there is nearly nothing in the sump.

Checked all fluids are good, but I have not checked the motor direction, I will first thing in the morning. Thank you

I have manuals, do you have a serial number ?

If you open the back door where the pulley bracket is located. The pully bracket should have a arrow on it, There is adjustment to the clutch engagement there also. Check the column oil level. The oil pressure for the column should be 200 - 210 psi. To adjust the pressure is on the left of the pulley bracket at about 7 oclock . The gage will go in the top center top of the gear shifter bracket.

Last edited:
I will get the serial number first thing when I get home tonight. Thank you for your help. It's been a hectic day today and haven't had a chance to get in the shop.

thanks for your help CMMIKE, my machine is a 316-16 univ dial type, model LL, serial# 31043U73-0002 and control diagram is MMA.B.C-73M-446415. I have the electric prints. I will gladly pay you something for your time and effort and any service manuel. Your help is much appreciated. Also I am getting ready to check my motor direction and hope that was my prob.

Back