What's new
What's new

Cincinatti #2 Horizontal mill help with lubrication and manual

wordsmith07

Aluminum
I need help with a #2 MI horizontal mill model OO. The manuals on Vintagemachinery.org are earlier and later than this model 1947 year. I have cleaned and filled the knee oil and saddle with no problem and changed all the sight glasses on machine. I "think" the 3/4" pipe plug at rear is the drain for the column but unsure what the un-capped 3/8" nipple above it is for. Also the two oil fill knobs on left side, I'm unsure which fills what so to speak. I will try to attached photos ns if anyone has a clue where I can find an operators and service manual please advise. The Ozark vendor does not have this machine and Keith's site does not cover it. Thanks for assistance
IMG_1549_LI (2).jpgIMG_1550 (1).jpgIMG_1548_LI.jpgIMG_1547_LI (2).jpg

Under the box someone mounted on the side was a plate that said fill left side to line on sight glass below and right side to top of fill neck. Both were slightly low so lubrication on those are solved. This might help someone that does not have plate. Still need a manual. Thanks to those that viewed this. That side was close to another machine and was not readily visible. Suppose I will put a cap on the 3/8" IP nipple

Back