What's new
What's new

Cincinatti 207mk Horizontal question

matthewlee

Hot Rolled
Hi

Im looking at getting a Cincinatti 207mk Horizontal mill and there seems to be an option for placing operator controls on the right side of the machine behind the table.

I need to stand on the backside of the table to see what Im doing for a job and this is one of very few horizontals that fit this condition.

Is this a special option or can the controls be added on to one that doesn't have them?
Please see pics
Any help/info would be appreciated.
Thanks
Matt

Attachments

• side a.jpg
    side a.jpg
    89.2 KB · Views: 168
  • side b.jpg
    side b.jpg
    47.6 KB · Views: 248
C Mike

Hi

Im looking at getting a Cincinatti 207mk Horizontal mill and there seems to be an option for placing operator controls on the right side of the machine behind the table.

I need to stand on the backside of the table to see what Im doing for a job and this is one of very few horizontals that fit this condition.

Is this a special option or can the controls be added on to one that doesn't have them?
Please see pics
Any help/info would be appreciated.
Thanks
Matt

Most Cincinnati's have rear controls on the left back side of the machines. Not sure if that matters to you .The rear controls on these machines can operate all axis from there, I can't see the other back side of your 207 MK machine

It doesnt matter to me which side they are on.

The machines shown are just examples. I dont have one..yet. This model seems the best in regards to travel, footrpint and that it has controls on the backside of the table.

Im looking for minimum of 32" travel in X.
I saw a Cincinatti #5 with controls on the left, but its way too big for me.

The larger Van Normans also have a duplicate set of rear controls. It was not that uncommon for #2 and #3 sized manual mills.

Model K Kearney & Treckers all have rear controls, they are an option on model H. I don't know which of the newer series have rear controls.

Anyone know where I can get my hands on a manual for a Cincinatti Milacron 207 MK Vertical Turret milling machine.
I have a customer that would like me to strip and rebuild theirs as the x-axis travel is seized (at the gearbox from quick look), and electric motor is getting overload cut out immediately after starting up.

Sounds silly, I know, to rebuild a old mill, but they have emotional attachment, and it got flooded, also we are in the far north remote areas of Australia where pride is taken in being able to fix the old, well made gear from past generations.

Any leads?

Back