What's new
What's new

Cincinatti Cinova 80 307-14 knee vertical feed won't fully engage

gavingear

Aluminum
Hi everyone- making progress with my Cincinnati Cinova 80 307-14- the knee got stuck in the low position, and I was able to free it just fine. I can now crank the knee with the front crank/wheel, and power feed for the knee works for "down", but I have to hold the lever up to get it to power feed up. Also, rapid for up won't engage (gear grinding sound).

Is there a way to make adjustments to this lever/linkage/etc? Any ideas on what to investigate?

Thanks!
Gavin

Check your rear control lever. The up and down kick out may be sticking. Up and down is detented with a spring holding the shift in place.

Check your rear control lever. The up and down kick out may be sticking. Up and down is detented with a spring holding the shift in place.

Thanks cmike- I don't have a rear control lever for the vertical feed, only the kick-out lever that hits the stops to disengage the vertical feed. That lever moves along with the front lever like you'd expect, and I have moved it manually, but it doesn't seem to help matters any. Not sure if I need to apply some persuasion?

C Mike

I don't know how old your machine is, serial number might help. I using manual Pub. No. 2448 ( copyright 1055 ). The gear shifter fork 124679 is the one shifting. it shifts a detent rod into a detent up neaural, down detent shifter, that is spring loaded, page 52. shifts clutch 108430, oage 62. Everything on the shaft on page 62 is stack loaded from the gack of the knee. Your teeth may be rounded of on the up side of the clutch.

Regards,
Mike

Thanks for the info Mike! The serial number is 10J3P5M-9 - I have a Cincinnati Cinova 80 Service manual (not with me at the moment) that appears to show the appropriate assemblies, and has instructions.

Any idea what it would take to remove the entire assembly to inspect the clutch/gears that are relevant here? Are these kinds of parts available new or used?

Any info would be appreciated. :)

Thanks,
Gavin

C Mike

I don't know how old your machine is, serial number might help. I using manual Pub. No. 2448 ( copyright 1055 ). The gear shifter fork 124679 is the one shifting. it shifts a detent rod into a detent up netural, down detent shifter, that is spring loaded, page 52. shifts clutch 108430, page 62.

I don't know how old your machine is, serial number might help. I using manual Pub. No. 2448 ( copyright 1055 ). The gear shifter fork 124679 is the one shifting. it shifts a detent rod into a detent up netural, down detent shifter, that is spring loaded, page 52. shifts clutch 108430, page 62.

I added the serial number on my last reply, it's 10J3P5M-9 :)

Its a 307-14 PLAIN CINOVA MILL. 7 hp with a 14 inch table, !963 year.Give me your manual no. Look on the bottom of any right hand page. I probably have it. By the way, RPT came and got me. I am rebuilding a 400 series carrier for a hypowermatic at his place. He knows more about grinders than themill side.

Regards,
Mike

Looks like you are at max for PMs mike! "cmike has exceeded their stored private messages quota and cannot accept further messages until they clear some space."

My manual number is M-2448-3. Would you mind calling me? I'll PM you my number...

Look at your PM.

Take the handle and front part of the hand crank off. Check the kick out rod.See if it will engage then. You can take the bracket of where the hydraulic pump it at ( the braciet with the hoses are at on the knee ). You may be able to see the shaft and see if you can see anything going on.

Last edited:
Thanks to cmike, I fixed the vertical power feed! The fork that shifts the power feed for the vertical axis on the knee was loose enough to slip on the shaft. By taking off the hydraulic pump/cover I was able to access the nut on that fork- I loosened it, moved it into the proper position on the shaft, and then tightened it. And now the vertical power feed works!! YESSSSSSSSS! I didn't think it was possible to have such an easy fix for that issue. Servo is also looking at the electronic power feed...

Then, I just need to:
- Take of spindle speed bracket and fix shifting issue
- Figure out oil flow indication (none) in column
- Diagnose the noisy knee motor

I think that will pretty much take care of it... Then to make some odds-and-ends parts like missing trips for the power feeds...

Thanks,
Gavin

Back