What's new
What's new

Cincinatti Milacron 207 MK manual

GodsBeware

Plastic
Anyone know where I can get my hands on a manual for a Cincinatti Milacron 207 MK Vertical Turret milling machine.
I have a customer that would like me to strip and rebuild theirs as the x-axis travel is seized (at the gearbox from quick look), and electric motor is getting overload cut out immediately after starting up.

Sounds silly, I know, to rebuild a old mill, but they have emotional attachment, and it got flooded. Also we are in the far north, remote areas of Australia, where pride is taken in being able to repair, rebuild, and redesign the old, well made gear from past generations.

Any leads?

C Mike

Anyone know where I can get my hands on a manual for a Cincinatti Milacron 207 MK Vertical Turret milling machine.
I have a customer that would like me to strip and rebuild theirs as the x-axis travel is seized (at the gearbox from quick look), and electric motor is getting overload cut out immediately after starting up.

Sounds silly, I know, to rebuild a old mill, but they have emotional attachment, and it got flooded. Also we are in the far north, remote areas of Australia, where pride is taken in being able to repair, rebuild, and redesign the old, well made gear from past generations.

Any leads?
They are known as the Fives now. Their 800.934.0735

Since I have THREE 207 MK's, a Horizontal, a Vertical and another universal with a powered overarm head, I have quite a few books. BUT having said that,
they're not exactly going to lead you to a successful overhaul. The books would cost quite a bit to duplicate, since they contain at least a hundred full fold out pages.
NEXT problem is parts. This is a hydraulically operated mill, with clutch packs, servos to turn things on and off. This is NOT a completely mechanical mill.

I have gotten very intimate with both of my running mills. Other older Cincinnati mills I know NOTHING about because they just run and run. The 207MK with it's fabricated
base may have been Cincinatti's last gasp at making a manual mill.

You COULD get lucky and find all of the Bijur metering devices are completely plugged, and the ways are running completely dry. These are all thirty years old by now. Don't know how the gearbox would respond to a frozen bed. The gears are NOT very robust! Very small teeth

Around 1980 Cincinnati brought the 207 Mk, The series E Dial type mills, and the powermatic from England to the USA. When i first got around them in 1981 was in a shop with 22 of them. They were making copper welding tips for robots. The 207 MK were different than the American mills. The Series E dial types were a lighter made mill copied from the American made dial types. The powermatics were a lighter verson of the American powermatics.
The 207 MK spindle start is a 3 pulse bump start up for meshing the gears. The weak part is the circlip ( O. D. snap ring) on the shaft holding the clutch packages in position on the shaft. The undercut needs to be deeper for a new style of snap ring. The gears end up grinding and getting rounded of mesh of the gear. I always joked that England didn't own a file. You would bleed working on the gearing. The 207 MK is a fair tool room machine but not for production
I give you a good hint. When you take the shaft out with the directional clutch gears. Make a shaft with the key way that is the right length to fit inside the gear box. Load the directional clutch gears on the shaft and put the package inside the gear box and then take the machine made shaft and push the home made shaft out of the other end of gear package. Its saves a lot of time. Trying to do the directional clutches one at a time is hard.

I know these machines pretty well .

Just tried to PM you but it said your inbox is full and you need to delete some messages before mine will send.

Thanks Luke

Hello! I am looking for a manual for my vertical Milacron MK 207. I have both a vertical and horizontal machine but no manuals for either. On my vertical machine, the z handle/quill is stuck. Does anyone have any suggestions on how to fix this or a manual that would be useful?

Does anyone know where I can get a copy or download a manual for the Cincinnati Milacron MK207? Thanks.

Back