What's new
What's new

Cincinnati 12 1/2 hadrashift metric ??

neckyzips

Plastic
while cleaning and sorting i found my change gear, does anyone have a scan or a good photo of the metric plate they would mind sharing?

while i am begging... a manual for the 12 1/2 would be great too!

thanks
joe

thanks! i had found that and the one for the 13 and up, appears to be mostly the same with better imaging.

having a hard time finding the metric thread plate for the hydrshift, found the older tray top but i think it may be different?

Amazing what the the manual does not say about converting to metric

No mention of tooth counts other than 120 which you had as a normal idler - and the changes to the input gear of the QC

No mention of CHANGES shown INSIDE QC box - like clutch position AND end cap positions

What is useful that is in the specs is that the 12 1/2 has an 8 pitch lead screw

Now, other changes shown but not explained disregarded - if you had a 127 pinned to your 120 idler that makes a ratio of 1.0583333 to one - and allows you to cut such as 3mm in the 8 tpi setting - and several others.

The reason for this is that .125" divided by 1.058333 = a lead of .11811" which is 3mm

I like the part in the instructions about DISREGARD AND DISENGAGE thread dial - and leave half nuts engaged until you are done

Amazing what the the manual does not say about converting to metric

No mention of tooth counts other than 120 which you had as a normal idler - and the changes to the input gear of the QC

No mention of CHANGES shown INSIDE QC box - like clutch position AND end cap positions

What is useful that is in the specs is that the 12 1/2 has an 8 pitch lead screw

Now, other changes shown but not explained disregarded - if you had a 127 pinned to your 120 idler that makes a ratio of 1.0583333 to one - and allows you to cut such as 3mm in the 8 tpi setting - and several others.

The reason for this is that .125" divided by 1.058333 = a lead of .11811" which is 3mm

I like the part in the instructions about DISREGARD AND DISENGAGE thread dial - and leave half nuts engaged until you are done

the manual for the 10-26 hydrahsift does mention swapping the end caps and the 127 gear (which i have pinned to the 120) looks like all i need is the plate, or i suppose i could go through all the different set ups and mic each one... please someone must have a plate! lol

Last edited:
while cleaning and sorting i found my change gear, does anyone have a scan or a good photo of the metric plate they would mind sharing?

while i am begging... a manual for the 12 1/2 would be great too!

thanks
joe

Would you mind sharing the tooth count off your change gears to make this lathe cut metric threads? I've got a 13" Hydrashift and they would be the same change gears. I would love to make some someday, as I find myself needing to cut metric threads somewhat often.

Back