What's new
What's new

Cincinnati 15x54 Hydrashift pullmore clutch adjustment help needed

Fishin2Deep4U

Plastic
Hello all.

I have a 15x54 Cinnci lathe that could use a clutch and brake adjustment. I have never done this procedure, so I am looking for some guidance. I tried searching for instructions online, but I have not come across detailed info. Does anyone out there have the adjustment procedures or know where I can obtain them?

The machine runs great, just a bit slow to get the chuck up to speed at higher spindle speeds.

Thanks!

Dave

Dave, I have the Pullmore instructions that I downloaded from somewhere, but can't recall where now. It was years ago, so maybe the link is gone. PM me your email address and I'll send it to you.

The adjustment is relatively easy, but a word of caution. Be careful with the adjustment lock spring that holds the collar in the selected adjustment notch. Replacement parts for these clutches are essentially impossible to find, and if the spring is broken, you'll have to make a new one.

Check, too, that you have the correct oil in the headstock, and that the level is up to the mark on the sight glass, and that the oil is relatively clean. Also make sure that the oil pump is circulating (you should be able to see oil flow in the sight glass), and when you have the headstock opened up to adjust the clutches, check that the lube lines are directing oil at the clutch packs. The Pullmore clutches used in Hydrashifts are the wet type, and should not be run dry.

Back