What's new
What's new

Cincinnati 205 MIknee feed stuck after crash

mrDouglas

Plastic
I have a Cincnnati 205-12 MI Horizontal mill. Ser # 2J23P5K-2 I crashed the knee up into the overarm while milling a part. I did not see the feed was engaged for the table and the knee at the same time. It hit, fairly hard.

No I can barely crank the knee up or down. I am afraid the hand crank will break... It works both directions with the feeds, but when I pull the rapids, the feed motor stalls.

Obviously something is very jammed up in the knee elevation. The mill has the power to turn it, but not the hand crank or the rapids.

Has anyone had no repair or replace the elevation screw on the knee?

Thank for any help.

Working out of manual B -109-1, page RP-24. Hand crank the saddle toward the front as far as possible. If you can get the knee up near the top, then put some wood block under the knee near the column ways. Bring the knee down to rest on the wood blocks. On page RP -24, Take The 4 screw out of item 56, ( elevating pedestal ) Hand crank the knee screw up and break the pesdestal from the casting and crank it as far up as you can get it toward the bottom of the knee. On the top of the there is a plug ( item 9 ), take that out, Then unlock the lock nut ( item 8 ).
Then take a soft punch and knock the elevating screw out of the bottom of the knee. You will have to check the hand crank after its out. If it free, then you are O K. You probably shear the taper pin ( item 62 ) Your threads on the elevating nut ( item 68 ) may be bad too. Check the threads on the shaft and the woodruff key.

Good Luck
Mike

Good luck

Thanks mike. I raised the table all the way up (with power feed, hand crank was too hard to turn) Once up there it turned easy again. That tells me it is the elevation screw. Do you have a part number on that screw? I ordered an manual, but dont have it yet.

Who do you recommend for parts?

Thanks again.

Elevating screw is 193330. Use the internet for parts. Parts N Parts, Industrial Surplus, Cincinnati Machine ( The Fives now). The fives will quote you the price, just be setting down when they do. I think you still need to drop the elevating screw and check the locking nut, pins, woodruff key, and elevating nut.
You can make it yourself or have someone copy it to your nut for fitting.

Regards,
Michael

Back