What's new
What's new

Cincinnati 207MK Lubrication Pump

slipalong

Plastic
Hi, I have renovated a 1987 207Mk and have most system working now, but Im not getting any oil in the automatic lubrication system. The main hydraulic pump is fine, but I can not even find the location of the lube pump. Some words in the manual seem to suggest its a simple piston based pump which turns on very 5 or 6 min, but no sign of that!

Anybody where the pump even is?

Thanks,

Ian.

This old thread doesnt really address the lube pump specifically but addresses the hydraulic filter which you may want to check. Maybe (cmike) will know. He repaired these machines. It's good to see your progressing.

Cincinnati 207 MK oil filter question

Hi Thanks for the comment. The hydraulic filter was very clean and I have some pressure as the interlock on the gear change is working and so are the feed and rapid clutches in there knee. I suspect the pressure may be low so need to get a gage. The built in gage isn't working. The hydraulic pump on this 87 model looks to have two pressure regulators in it, but the manual I have is for an earlier model so Im not sure which is which.I will have a tinker and see if I can work it out.

It sounds like your being thorough in checking things out. Do you see the oil cups for the Z axis mentioned in the other thread?
There isn't much response to your thread. The reputation of it not being the most dependable may lead to low ownership for that model. Learn it inside and out and you will be able to trouble shoot problems with it.
Many great machine makers made model's that had quirks. I'm not sure what (Sable) meant about dependability issues in the other thread. He did say it was a nice machine to run. It sounds like your getting past the point of finding anything that would kill the project.
I read something about Kearney Trecker having problems with there early computer controlled mills. The mechanical part of the mill may have been great. They made great mills but ended up with law suit's because of dependability issues. I think it was near the end of their time in the business.
Lablond servo shift lathe had issues with dependability but are liked and respected by many. I guess it was learning curves in electro mechanical and computer controlled machinery. Hydraulics includes also.
I'm not sure where you are on the experience ladder but each machine is a different animal that you have to get acquainted with. That's a strange way to put it but it's just my observation over time.
I'm roaming way off topic here.
Keep your progress posted up until your making chips.

Back